Photo

White Crane - Super G color enhancer

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

i have found this to be an amazing product and one that i'mvery pleased with.
prior to feeding my fish this my electric blue was a pale and faint blue with coloring to half his body, 5 sulphur crests (ototpharynx lithobates) 3 yellow crest. 2 white, all colored gery/silver with the 3 black spots 1 of which had faint blue on the face. an assortment of 3 peacocks, one a german breed neon blue (mildy colored), blue peacock (still grey/silver) and an unknown peacock which is very similar to a otopharynx lithobates but not (grey/silver, with faint blue to the facean a yellow crest).

after feeding super G color enhancer for about 5 days the electric blue male was a full bodied blue with a dark blue through out his body with distinct yellow fins, and white crest. the sulphurs have come up with neally a half body blue, very strong on the head and striking yellow fins, the white crests faint yellow throughout body, stronger blue an thewhite/blue top crest. the peacocks,the neon blue has come up with a 75% blue body with yellow patterning, blue peacock still not to much just a tad blue on his face. an the peacock similar to the sulphur has come up with a strongneon blue to dark grey and a strogn yellow crest.

after 2 days of feeding this food i was unsure if it was indeed the food coloring them up so well, so i told one of my mates to start feeding his fish the food (we have the same fish tank and a very similar range of fish) and again within 2 days he noticed at steep increase in the coloring of hish fish, especially his sulphur crests. a week and a half on i continue to feed them once at night and it works wonders.

the bottle cost me ithink bout $27 for about 150 grams. i strongly reccomend you try, specially on blue colored fish.

#2 the_german

the_german
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

i prefer to get me fish from good stock,they have the colour naturaly.
but when you cant get them its ok when you dont wont to breed.

#3 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:16 AM

alot of my fish aren't of bad color though, far as i'm concerned they just haven't matured.

#4 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

Hi Mickya

If you do a search on these forums you will find a lot of discussion on this food. It is not a recomended food to use for general use. It can be helpful when trying to identify unknown female peacocks to make them show the male colouration which is easier to identify. It can also be used in male only display tanks to keep high colour.
There is a lot of uncertainty on whether it uses Hormones. And while I dont believe it makes fish sterile I do believe that making the females show male colouration does stop or at least reduce the ability of the fish to reproduce.
I agree with the_german, mature good quality fish show the best colour. There is plenty of top quality food available the would be far better for your fish.

Tony smile.gif

#5 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

(mickya)
and an unknown peacock which is very similar to a otopharynx lithobates but not (grey/silver, with faint blue to the facean a yellow crest). .

Sounds like a Aulonocara maylandi maylandi "Sulphur Crest Peacok"

I find the food makes the fishes color look unnatural.
The yellow in O.lithobates, to me looks really too yellow.

Can we see some pics of your fish?
Maybe before and after.

#6 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

It's a wonderful product and i swear by it but it should only be used a couple of times a week in addition to a good variety of foods (as indicated on the pack as well), if used correctly this food is great! Like anything in life, dont abuse it.

#7 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:45 PM

I feed my fish NLS Spectrum and Sera Flora and the People that see my fish especially the Elec Yellows always ask are they for sale they ar ethe best i have ever seen. Get great colours without colour enhancing food.

The way i look at it if the fish are happy and well looked after they will let you know with the way they look.

#8 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:57 PM

(CCA001)
I feed my fish NLS Spectrum and Sera Flora and the People that see my fish especially the Elec Yellows always ask are they for sale they ar ethe best i have ever seen. Get great colours without colour enhancing food.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt NLS a colour enhancing food?
Heres what i found on their website:
"New Life Spectrum Premium Fish Food is a hormone-free, color enhancing formula."

But yet you dont feed colour enhancing food right?

I think NLS is a great food but it seems like people are afraid to try new things and accept that just cause certain foods are colour enhancing doesnt mean it contains hormones (obviously chinese wispers still exists)

#9 giz

giz
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

Gee! I wonder how long it's gonna take Waruna to jump on this one.
biggrin.gif
Giz

#10 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

I' got bets on that too Giz!! LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I've said my peace on the subject in the past, so I'll keep out of this next thread....8)

doc

#11 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

(giz)
Gee! I wonder how long it's gonna take Waruna to jump on this one.
biggrin.gif
Giz

Priceless, for everything else, there's HBH wink.gif

Everyone knows that the best fish food is a varied diet, my staple of Choice is HBH Marine Flake Frenzy.
http://www.hbhnet.co.../ffmarine11.htm

I'm a real fan of the ingredients list, spot on too, my Cardinal Tetra's and waikin all colour up so well on it.

#12 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:24 AM

I find HBH to be really good too, I feed the africans at work with African Cichlid Attack. good stuff but a little high in Protein..

Ive found the colors are showing up using that as well.

#13 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:36 AM

Another food I find good is HBH 8 Veggie Flake, it's heaps better then Sera Flora, and I must say after using both I have no idea why people would use Sera. I'm gonna presume it's that damn bucket.

#14 Pieface

Pieface
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

Could be old news or indeed irrelevant but I just caught this thread and a google search brought up this information of a US recall on some HBH foods. The recall was for June this year so I can easily imagine someone still having some on hand if any of the contaminated materials were shipped to Australia.

HBH Pet Products, Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain fish found to contain the contaminant melamine. Listed products are included in the recall;

20002 Crab and Lobster Bites 1.3oz
11012 Goldfish Bites 1.5oz
11013 Goldfish Nibblets 4.3oz
11024 Goldfish Nibblets 8.0oz
11015 Goldfish Nibblets 32oz
11016 Goldfish Nuggets 32oz
25000 Shrimp Pellets 1.6oz
25001 Shrimp Pellets 4.6oz
25002 Shrimp Pellets 9.1oz
22001 African Cichlid Attack 3.8oz
22008 African Cichlid Attack 8.0oz
22009 African Cichlid Attack 28oz
11017 Oscar Bites 1oz
11018 Oscar Grow 3.8oz
11019 Oscar Show 8oz
22012 Super Cichlid Sinkers 29oz
20007 Baby Bites 1.2oz

Mods, feel free to delete if this is inappropriate smile.gif

#15 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:37 PM

HBH 8 Veggie Flake is one of the best veggie flakes i have used, it cost a little less than sera flora and the best part is that when you breakdown the ingredients list it acctually has a higher content of veggie matter where as sera flora tends to have a fair bit of fish meal.

#16 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

This will be my last say on this but if you read the labeling on the NLS food it does say Contains 4 HORMONE FREE ALL-NATURAL COLOUR ENHANCING INGREDIENTS or is it just me who can READ.

My fish Breed like there is NO tommorrow and have been for along time now.

White Crane uses Colour Enhancing stuff that is not natural it is artificial is the point being made.....

Thats it from me

#17 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

This will be my last say on this but if you read the labeling on the NLS food it does say Contains 4 HORMONE FREE ALL-NATURAL COLOUR ENHANCING INGREDIENTS or is it just me who can READ.

So you feed a colour enhancing food. Point made. No need to get snappy but maybe a better choice of wording would of been more appropriate.
Please dont take this personally at all biggrin.gif but this just brings back the point of NLS vs. White crane.
Both are awesome products and its okay to mention the word NLS but as soon as someone mentions White Crane everyone gets flamed all because people assume it contains hormones. I guess that until they actually print in bold 'hormone free' on the packet people are going to assume its bad.

It's very sad to see a good product battle to get good publicity all because of hearsay

#18 giz

giz
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:23 PM

This is the website of white crane...

http://www.whitecranev88.com/
Name : A.D.P SUPER GREEN
Category : Food Menu
For : Aquariums Fish
Purpose :
All color enhancer granule food
Package : 50 gram
Description :
An all color enhancer food in small granule size with PSB and Spirulina to enhance every color on all kinds of fish, such as blue, green, black, platinum, yellow, and etc . PSB and Spirulina will give all kinds of fish their natural color. Fish color improvement will be noticed within 7 days.

This food does not contain sex hormone and is most suitable for goldfish, koi, cichlids, and all kinds of fish.

Name : A.D.P SUPER RED
Category : Food Menu
For : Aquariums Fish
Purpose :
A red color enhancer food for small size fish
Package : 50 gram
Description :
A red color enhancer food with PSB and Astaxanthin to enhance red color on all kinds of fish which has red color base. PSB itself act as color enhancer, however, the outstanding deep red from Super Red is more accepted by all fish hobbyist. Fish color improvement will be noticed within 7 days.

Giz

#19 nic

nic
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

put it this way who recomends it?where can I get it? who much is it?

#20 jack

jack
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

i recommend super g works a treat
iv seen it at aquotix but cant remember the price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users