Photo

Classifieds Guidelines - discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

I mean if you put it in your title then the people browsin thru classifideds will more likely look at your post and buy something. So simple. Then bump when allowed. 4 days is pretty sweet. Beats 7 days wink.gif

Edited by Sarahjayne1988, 07 May 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#62 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Hey Cam, bowdy is correct. Unfortunately some people took advantage of our "significant change is ok" policy and we have seen threads where one item after the other gets added, then price changes by small amounts and then photos added one at a time for each item.

That's why we have changed that particular rule so that it is clear and there is no grey area that relies on the interpretation of a moderator. In order to then make it easier for people to bump, we decreased the bump range from 7 to 4 days.

And the "silly" little line is so people are aware of why their post was edited and by whom. Otherwise people would just do the same thing again and get frustrated by having their posts edited again and again. It's also an accountability feature. Not so silly don't you think? smile.gif

#63 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

Thanks Tim, the massage is not so silly. But I still disagree with the rule.

#64 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

It looks as though people have forgotten how to use a pm these days.
Every second post has someone posting there number asking to be contacted instead of contacting the seller via a pm themselves.

#65 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

the best thing to do as a seller is to just ignore those posts imo. i mean, if the person is too lazy to even contact you, whats the chances of them even showing up with the cash in hand?

#66 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (tranced @ Jun 6 2011, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the best thing to do as a seller is to just ignore those posts imo. i mean, if the person is too lazy to even contact you, whats the chances of them even showing up with the cash in hand?

Yeah agreed Nick, I have so many ppl PM me with there phone number even when i put my name and number on a listing and say call me....... So far of all the people that PM me back have never turned up!! but the ones like yourself who pick up the phone and call i have all the time in the world for smile.gif

#67 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

their loss mate, its meeting great people like yourself that make the PCS classifieds the best in WA!

#68 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

your too kind mate smile.gif hows Mr Mantis?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users