Photo

New Tank Tomorrow And Need Advice Please

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 crazyfishylady

crazyfishylady
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

I wouldn't want to swap them I get attached. I think I'll just leave the two in the 70litre for now. I've been thinking what else to put in the 50l with the betta. It's got some live plants in there and a darker blue gravel so something that will really pop against that but not outshine the betta as he's the feature fish. It's a 3 year old tank so something fun for a child?

#22 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

cardinal tetras?
i dont think killifish will get along with a betta. well some wont anyway (e.g.: panchax)

#23 crazyfishylady

crazyfishylady
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

i was thinking something along the lines of bottom.feeders for now dont know what kind tho. hmmm maybe albino corys would look good?

#24 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Albino cory's are nice. What about Congo tetras. There awesome.

#25 crazyfishylady

crazyfishylady
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

I looked up Congo tetras and they are very nice:) but get too big for the 50litre with the beta. So I went to vebas today for the first time and got 4 little panda Cory's some more plants. Oh and Someone from another forum suggested I try putting a single glass shrimp in with the betta to test his temprement. I hadn't seen them before but I saw them today in a feeder bag 15 for 5$ and I felt sorry for them so ended up getting a bag n lots of pregnant glass shrimp. They are all in with the betta ans Cory's at the moment. If anyone lives in my area and wants one or two for free as long as they are not going to be feeders well not purposely anyway(since i saved them from that doom they were facing in the first place) your welcome to have some. And has anyone had experience keeping them in an aquarium or with a betta and pandas? Any info on keeping these guys together would be muchly appreciated

#26 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

the glass shrimp like really cold water, so they will probably die after a couple of hours. The betta should be very well fed. I put a bag in with a planted dwarf cichlid tank I used to have. The kribensis were eating them like they were starving. Cool to watch. Poor glass shrimp though.

The panda corydoras are very cute looking fish. They will look nice with your betta

#27 crazyfishylady

crazyfishylady
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Oh I hope some of them make it poor things

#28 crazyfishylady

crazyfishylady
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

The shrimp are still fine I put all except 3 in the outdoor wAter feature. The pandas are doing great they are happy little babies playing in the bubbles and I gave one very peaceful docile betta boy smile.gif

#29 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Jason82 @ Sep 14 2012, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the glass shrimp like really cold water, so they will probably die after a couple of hours.

i totally disagree with your statement.... i have glass shrimp in the thousands in my pond and i have taken some out for tanks and they have been happy enough at 28 degrees for several months before something ate them!!!

#30 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

That's surprising. Good to know though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users