Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

Why Do People Advertise Here And Then Don't Respond To My Pm's?

whats the point?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 emille

emille
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

do people generally respond when you have questions about their adverts?  i find that people don't return my pm's - one was a recent advert for 2 eheim filters to sell and the other one for aquariums - i only have tomorrow to pick up as its quite far from where I live, and I have been sending messages for the past few days.  its just frustrating, wats the point of advertising if you don't respond when people are interested?

sorry just frustrated

#2 jasonm

jasonm
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

Feel your pain!!! Having the same problem

#3 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Perhaps they are away or do not check the site so often and have not seen your PM.

#4 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

You can see if they have read it yet by looking in the top left hand corner

You've gotta remember it's school holidays ATM some people might be spending time with family instead of checking pcs

#5 emille

emille
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the replies.
As long as everybodys responses are delayed as to not to beat me to it...m

#6 Mattehx

Mattehx
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

If it's the ad I'm thinking about, I messaged 3 weeks ago and got replies and then none thereafter. I'm just assuming something may have come up because my message regarding pickup hasn't been read yet. I think that if someone is selling something, even if it is school holidays or what not they should endeavour to check their messages. If you want to sell something then choose a time period that enables you to be able to communicate efficiently and in a timely manner because its not just you that can be busy. It will also enable pickup to be more timely and convenient for both parties. But obviously there are things that come up that may be out of your control. 

#7 emille

emille
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

yes Mattehx, if i advertise/want to sell something, i want to do it asap and would check my messages every few hours as that would be one of my main objectives for that particular period...  often i pm, and then don't get replies, and then later on it says 'sold', so some people obviously has the people's phone numbers or inside info... 

#8 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

Most ads I see have the number advertised and even when I advertise with my mobile number in an ad most people send me a pm instead of texting or calling lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

Often stuff gets sold, you forget to edit the add to say sold, someone else pm's you about it then you edit the add. I always try and respond to everyone. Personally I think its rude to ignore someone even if the item they enquire about is sold.

#10 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Some people reply to the email alert notifying them of the PM rather than replying to the PM via the forum. This would cause a delay until they realise. We see some replies come in via the PCS info@ email and in most cases let them know of the mistake.

#11 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing that problem with this forum.

In my experience people have been fantastic with replying to my inquiries in what they have for sale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users