Peppermint Bristlenose cats

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Jay TT

Jay TT
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 April 2003 - 06:12 AM

Hey Troy,
shoot me an E-mail if you are interested in p/mints or A.leucostictous. im in Melbourne !

jasontays@hotmail.com

Thanks JT.

#22 micks fish

micks fish
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 May 2003 - 06:25 PM

Hi Jason
Have you got any P/Mints For Sale ATM I tryed sending you a E-mail but you are full.
thanks

#23 Molly Man

Molly Man
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 May 2003 - 05:08 AM

Hi guys,

Just wondering in regards to Peppermint BN's if there are any known breeders in the Sydney area, or who can ship to Sydney who have availability ATM. I hadnt seen this variety of Ancistrus first hand until today when I was at one of the local LFS's in the southern suburbs of Sydney. I am wanting 4-6 to add to one of my 95G tanks but am a little discouraged at the price tag of $70 each for a 3-4cm specimen.

Any advice or recomendations would be greatly appreciated...

http://fishinthe.net/html/forum/

#24 Molly Man

Molly Man
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:30 PM

...well I have managed to get my hands on 2 peppermint juvies, one is definately a male, the other ??? time will tell... If anybody replied to my last post, I am sorry I didnt get it as I was having some authentication problems with hotmail... grrrrrrrrrr... so going forward I can be found at...

molly_man@ozemail.com.au
or:
molly_man@fishinthe.net

I still want to get at the least another male, and 2-3 females to start a good breeding colony, as I think these little beauties should be more readily available for those of us in the know... I am still looking for anyone in Sydney that breeds them, or who has a good level of stock on hand... but I am more than willing for the right price and a good quality strain to jump on a plane to MEL, BNE or OOL and smuggle some back here with me...

FITN http://fishinthe.net

#25 lday672002

lday672002
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:52 PM

How do these fish behave in the tank - are they as shy as the peppermints?

#26 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2003 - 08:00 PM

Hi Iday,

I haven't come across any ancistrus leucostictus here, so I don't really know anything about them. :(

Are you looking at getting some of these guys?

Tammy

#27 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 June 2003 - 01:44 AM

Hi Molly,

Sorry I cant help ya there,, if I had a decent quantity on hand I'd be happy to help.
Just waiting on these guys to get their act together and continue breeding.

Tammy

#28 Molly Man

Molly Man
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 June 2003 - 03:38 AM

Thanks Tammy... I will just cross my fingers and hope somethings pops up sometime soon.. I would seriously like to get stuck into having several breeding colonys of these little beauties, not so much for the financial side of things, although it would take many a batch of minty fry to repay what I have spent on all of my tanks and the rest, but more from the point of sharing them between true hobbyists who have an interest in the less common varieties out there...

and heck, they are one gorgeous fish...

FITN http://fishinthe.net

#29 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 June 2003 - 04:16 AM

Hi Molly,

Couldn't agree more,,, would be a lot nicer seeing a few pep's in every tank as opposed to the common bn.

Tammy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users