Super Skimmer V2.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Hey guys

you may have seen my post with my cheap homemade skimmer, well now ive ramped it up a bit and added a second chamber to it smile.gif They can still be used individually but i had a 3000lt pump sitting around so i put it to good use smile.gif
What do ya reckon?

#2 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

Give each skimmer its own pump and airline otherwise your just wasting your time. With the pump you will find it nigh on impossible to get the right amount of water to both skimmers and with the air lines connected your reducing the air intake by half. If you want a cheap way to increase your skimmers functionality buy a needlewheel pump with the venturi built into the front to it. Guppies sells the devil needlewheel pumps for a very good price.

#3 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

Its not running yet but ive given each injector its own intake and because with most things salty the airlines need constant maintenance, i have put 5mm airline instead of 3mm to increase the airflow and less chance of blockage.. i have a bubble counter that i customized that i think will do the job for a silencer. ive also cut some sponge to size that slides over the outlets for reduced noise and the taps at the top should be able to correct the flow rate for each unit to maintain the right flow.. I have a needle wheel skimmer at the moment running on another tank but i find it to be a little noisy and not as efficient as the venturi injector. Ill have it running as soon as my 6x2 is in place and filled so im keen to see how it goes smile.gif

#4 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:24 AM

Ive had it running on my occy tank for the last week and it's working awesome!! I'll take some pics tomorrow so you can see the awesome skimate it's pulling out. It's such a simple design yet works really effective smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users