Leichardti’S 6X2X2 Bedside Display
Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:00 PM
Might have to see about that, hoping I’ll be able to sort it out though
Edited by Leichardti, 17 August 2018 - 11:01 PM.
Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:59 AM
Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:59 AM
Anyway, here’s some photos of the tank currently:
The panels are now attached with magnets to the stand. They all need a couple more coats of gloss however they’re nearly done. Edgebanding was applied a while ago too
Tank had been wormed and the Neos are now eating prawns like champs
Just need to get the Coaly onto prawns or whitebait now.. pricks addicted to hikari carnivore pellets
Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:11 PM
Been messing around with the reactor for the last week or so due to a very persistent leak. Believed it was due to using a gardena fitting with the poly so today tried to trade it out for a poly equivalent
Wait... is that a crack?... in the tank fitting?
Now I’m going to have to cut the top off, replace the fitting and redo (again, did this earlier in the week to try eliminate the leak)..
No leaks at least, atm
Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:00 AM
First of all I’ve setup a sump, finally.
A 4x1x1.3 divided up into sections with eggcrate. Ive got 4 bags of scoria as biological filtration which is being seeded with my canisters media. I need some poret foam to go inbetween the eggcrate for water polishing. I’m just running a 2800l/h pond pump at the moment but will be upgrading to a Jebao DC around the 4000lph range
The sump sections are as so:
Water in > foam > scoria > reactors > foam > return
The reactor section is for my Co2 reactor + 2 media reactors. One is currently running some siliphos as I’ve been having some consistent diatoms issues which I believe to be something to do with silicates in the water.
In the other media reactor I’ll be running some Macropore for extra clear water
Im still just running with my two MarsAqua 165watt LED’s, however at the moment I have a custom spectrum Lumia 5.2 multichip being delivered on an active heatsink. I’m going to be makig a bit of a DIY Kessil-like pendant led. For the build I’ll be using Meanwell LDD-H Drivers and a 200w 24v Powersupply. I will also be using a Coralux Storm X to control everything.
Everything has been growing, although a bit slowly as for a bit of time I turned off the Co2 and dimmed the lights in order to set the sump up. I’ve recently acquired 2x Blyxa aubertii which are a little melted and lacking good root systems which I’m hoping will pull through. I’m now dosing half EI method with the Co2 running at probably close to 15ppm currently. Note they are melting from movement from one persons tank to another and now to mine
This is a big one. All are doing well and I’ve seemingly found a source of all problems..
Seeing small round bugs crawling around on your fish is seriously really disgusting. Catching the fish and pulling them off with tweezers is even worse.
I noticed the lice on my larger Neo. Ater, I’m not sure if them being the wildcaughts brought them in or something else due to my older Neos previous death which I think may be related
Once I noticed I setup a 13ppm salt bath for the fish. The only two fish I saw with the lice were my Sleepy Cod and the largest Ater. The others were too small and fast to attempt anyway. The Sleepy Cod went in first where one dropped off him and I got another 3 off with tweezers. He then went back into the tank. He was very calm and doesn’t mind me picking him up in my hand to have a look for the lice. Realistically I should have put him in some slightly less salty water so it wasn’t too much of a shock but he was fine.
The Neo went in second. Surprisingly he was pretty calm with me grabbing him too, and let me have a good look all over him, only moving away when I’d been holding him for a while. The Neo had the worst infection, with me pulling about 37 lice off him in one go. I applied Methylene Blue directly to some of his wounds and back he went into the tank after being readjusted.
I bought some of the medication “Lice-Solve” which I dosed last week. The lice seem to have cleared up however I’m going to continue to dose for a little while so that I’m sure that all lice and eggs are gone.
On another note, Fish Lice are known to carry a nasty little disease called Saprolegnia, a water mould. I believe it may be the fungus-y stuff I’ve been dealing with, not Columnaris.
Anyway, thats about it since last update. Quite a few changes and scares in that period of time but hey I’m slowly getting on top of it.
On another note I went to Bells Rapids with a friend a few days ago, netting some shrimp and plenty of gambusia in the slower / pool sections. A few days beforehand he had been down and netted a juvie mullet. Hoping to get my hands on a couple of mullet for my tank.
Some rarer natives are getting around WA atm. We’ve had Sooties come up on lists, snakehead gudgeons etc but now:
Giant Gudgeon - Oxyeleotris selheimi
Mouth Almighty - Glossamia aprion
Butler Grunter - Syncomistes butleri
Barred Grutner - Amniataba percoides
Bullrout - Notesthes robusta
Spangled Gudgeon - Ophiocara porocephala
Giant Glassfish - Parambassis gulliveri
Jardini - Scleropages jardinii
Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:27 AM
Good job mate. Its not easy working out health problems... Seems like you're winning the battle.
Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:11 PM
A week and a half ago I made a first order for my diy led’s. Today I recieved my custom spectrum Lumia 5.2 on an active heatsink.
Now to order my powersupply, drivers and controller (storm X)
Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:41 PM
Unless you meant is it on and rotating, it is not haha
Edited by Leichardti, 08 October 2018 - 07:41 PM.
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users