• Admin

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:26 PM

Sorry......

#23 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

Yesterday I adjusted the timer on my LED lights to one lighting period of 8 hours. I currently have 4 planted tanks, and have adjusted it on all 4 of my tanks.

Today I popped in to Aquotix with the co2 system and they checked my co2 equipment. It was working fine at their shop, so the probe was replaced to see if that works. I also got an inline co2 probe from them too. The diffuser and ph probe are both inline. When the weather cools down, I might get an inline heater for the tank too, and put it on the other canister. I also took the opportunity to clean the canister when installing the ph probe.

I forgot to take a pic of the probe holder. Here is the best photo I can get of the inline probe holder installed:
image_zpsy9dqqloh.jpeg

Switching on the co2, there are no machine gun noises. Take that ISIS! Im celebrating by having roast pork for dinner.
The co2 is running sweet now, and the Ph is set to 6.8, and the fish look happy.

I'll give the BBA killer a shot once the tank has stabilised for a few days. Not keen on doing another water change today.
Now my Xbox one has the "black screen of death" so I have to fix that. No more fish stuff for a couple of days.

#24 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

And 45 minutes after the co2 is up and running, I thought I would have a check for leaks. The inline probe holder is dripping water. Found this much water in less than an hour:
image_zpscqlb3nyq.jpeg
And you might be able to see the drip in this pic:
image_zpslbpzx2d3.jpeg
At this stage I have turned off the co2 and this canister. I've got no idea how to stop the inline probe holder from dripping, so I'm going to take off the co2 diffuser and probe holder and not bother with co2 for a while. ISIS strikes again! Gotta hate fanatics!

#25 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

Jas go to your bedside draw, grab your extra large jumbo sized 4 litre jar of vasoline and lube your rubber......................................................................seal.

#26 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

Why? I don't want to measure the ph of my rectum. Or will putting KY Jelly on the flange stop the drip?

#27 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:40 AM

Think of it as beauty cream for rubber, it helps to prevent pre-mature aging and cracking. It also helps create a better seal and maintain it for a longer life. As for your other leaking, incontinence nappy would be the go. Good luck with that and if symptoms  persist see your doctor.                  

#28 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

So, hows the algae???

#29 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hasn't got any worse. I got a crap load of water Sprite in this tank now, all floating on top. I'm guessing that is helping too. Just need to get some Vaseline from the shop and put it on the probe holder, then plug all the co2 back in again

#30 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

Good luck, hope it works.

Craig.

#31 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

I hope so too Craig

I'm going to do a Bunnings run on the weekend, and pick up a tube of this stuff:

waterproof%20lubricant_zpsmdjl5dm3.jpg

#32 kassysimon

kassysimon
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

And 45 minutes after the co2 is up and running, I thought I would have a check for leaks. The inline probe holder is dripping water. Found this much water in less than an hour:
image_zpscqlb3nyq.jpeg
And you might be able to see the drip in this pic:
image_zpslbpzx2d3.jpeg
At this stage I have turned off the co2 and this canister. I've got no idea how to stop the inline probe holder from dripping, so I'm going to take off the co2 diffuser and probe holder and not bother with co2 for a while. ISIS strikes again! Gotta hate fanatics!

If that probe is going into a female threaded fitting you need a cable gland (oh the humanity....so much innuendo) .....and i have one that may work.

What size fittings you using for the probe?

Edited by kassysimon, 23 December 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#33 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

Dunno what size it is. It's for the Astro 2212 filter, which is 16/22mm hose from memory

#34 kassysimon

kassysimon
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

Looks like the probe goes into a T fitting. Is that right? Take another close up for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 Rovik

Rovik
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

Jase, use some thread tape on the barbs. The rest should have O-rings but thread tape offers piece of mind.

#36 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

Well after managing to flood the house with a leaking diffuser, I gave Oli a call. He came out with Col, and they managed to fix (properly step up) my co2 system. Thanks guys, it's appreciated.
I've since added 4 SAE's
image_zpsfsxmilfv.jpeg
And I've moved some plants around in this tank. I'll do a full tank shot once I'm happy with how it looks.

#37 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

How did you get it to work in the end out of interest?<br /><br /><br /><br />Craig.

#38 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

I wasn't home when they came past to fix it but according to the Mrs it involved a new diffuser, thread tape, and more hosing. Plants are looking a lot better now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users