Photo

Callochromis Macrops From Robs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

I went to robs aquariums today and he had some Callochromis macrops in the shop, so I bought 6 of them.  If you keep an eye on the Facebook page, Rob told me there were more good quality and rare tanginyikan cichlids coming in the next couple of weeks, if people are that way inclined.  He has a nice quality ventralis colony and some black calvus.

Attached File  callo.jpg   653.31KB   11 downloads

Attached File  callos.jpg   341.62KB   8 downloads

#2 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:27 AM

Nice Joel and thanks for the heads up - I'll be going on facebook for a look.

I've got a small breeding group of the red ndole macrops too and growing up a dozen fry from the first mouthful.

Very high conspecific aggression so if you don't have a 6ft plus tank, expect some mortality, particularly if you have two males colouring up. Rockwork breaking up lines of sight is almost essential for these guys but you need to find a balance between rock structures and open sand for them to sift in.

Beautiful fish but a little challenging at times. Not for the faint-hearted but if you can master the horei then you're in a pretty good position to master these guys as well ;)

#3 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

Cheers yes, I have them in a 6x2x2.5. I actually really like plurospilus but haven't seen any for a long time here in perth so I went for the macros instead. Hopefully they do breed.

#4 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

Really nice looking fish the Macrops, coupled with an interesting shape.

Are you quarantining these fish before introducing to other fish in your system?

#5 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

I'm probably going to wait a couple of weeks to see if anything develops but they look healthy,they are active, they're eating well and are starting to show the first hints of color. No sunken bellies either which is always a good sign.

#6 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

Beautiful fish, looking forward to more pics as they mature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users