Great to see

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 meagansbettas

meagansbettas
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 January 2003 - 05:37 AM

Hey guys,

Great to see there is finally an Aussie based Catfish/loach forum... I hope this will continue to thrive!!

I am only relatively new to catfish.. cories in particular. I have always had cories (aneus, schwartzii) in my tanks, and never really thought of trying to spawn them!!

Lucky for me here in Queensland, there are 4 auctions a year in Brisbane/gold coast... and this is where I stumbled across a bargain for c. panda... I purchased 6 for like $20. Unfortunately I have lost 3 of them (one knocked himself out on the log in the tank, and 2 died of no obvious signs). I have since purchased another 5, and have a total of 8. They are in a 2ftx18"x 18" with sand substrate and java fern! They are great little guys... no luck with the spawning yet... the 5 newies are a little small!

I have also now gained 5 schwartzii to add to the 2 I have had for over 12mths... and I landed 6 Aspidoras pauciradiatus... they are great little guys too!

I am looking to try my hand at spawning a few species, as up here in Rural Central QLD, we have a very limited supply!

I also breed Bettas (aka Siamese fighting fish), and this is my altimate passion.. I have imported 17 pairs of show quality HM, CT, DT and short fin from Thailand... all currently spawning.

I also have 8 Black ghost knives (not spawned, but we'll see how we go), a breeding trio of bristlenose, colony of 6 convicts (purely for live food)... and I think that is it! Oh, 2 pairs of mouth brooding bettas!

I am on the prowl for some S. multis, peppermint BNS and some more pandas... if anyone can help out (and in SE QLD) that'd be great... drop me a line at meagans_bettas@hotmail.com

Thanks, and I look forward to joining you guys and learning A LOT more about these fantastic (and often overlooked) fish!!

Meagan

#2 Guest_Alan Caboolture_*

Guest_Alan Caboolture_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2003 - 07:37 AM

Welcome to Auscat Meagan,
We have been around for a few years but on another platform. If you want to have a look at all the articles and write-up from the past go to ausfish.virtualave.net/ and kill all the popups (them things that killed off the old forum)
The guys in Perth were kind enought to share thier band with us and in the last couple of weeks it has paid off I think, but we are yet to see some of the old regulars join us here.
Come on Roscoe, Michael, Chris, Richard, Thomas and all you other guys, come join us, we miss you all. Good to see Kieth finnally found his way here :cheers

Alan

#3 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 15 January 2003 - 03:43 PM

Hey Meagan

Looks like the fish bug has bit you hard! I can just see your future fish room now... :) One or two walls of betta barracks, and the rest filled with tanks of cories, catfish, and cichlids ! :p

Seeing as you are no stranger to shipping fish there was a guy on the Sydney Cichlid page using the handle 'airfish' that was selling wild multipunctatus 12cm for $70! At this size my friend's multis are spawning away, so might be a worthwhile investment.

How are your bettas going? I am looking forward to ordering some fry in the coming months lol!!
And it looks like Betta Genius is really champing at the bit to get at your atison's! :eek :rollin

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Society Forums

#4 meagansbettas

meagansbettas
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 January 2003 - 10:42 PM

Yeah she is Mtchye!!! ANd I have 12 pairs of Atison's in spawning at the moment (the black plakats have just finished!)

Thanks for the welcome!! I have been hit :wall by the fish bug!! LOL!

I was a lurker of the Auscat's original forum (as back then I wasn't really a catty fan!!).. and I loved it! Great to see Perth have allowed you to use their forum!!

Sounds like an idea with the multis.. I'll have to go and track that post down!!

Take care!!

Meagan

#5 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:02 PM

Hi Meagan welcome,

Its great to have you aboard. :)
Sounds like you have an interesting collection of fish going there and expanding. :lol

Regards
Tammy

#6 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:04 PM

Alan brings up a good point where are all the regulars?? Would be GREAT to see all you guys again!!

Tammy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users