Photo

Gina's Scheme To Stay Out Of Jail.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 smirq

smirq
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Mining billionaire Gina Rinehart has proposed a new way to broaden Australia's tax base - allowing convicted criminals to buy their way out of jail. - http://www.abc.net.a...tors_picks=true

White collar crime could be profitable? My guess is that the fine for tax evasion would be cheaper than actually paying tax. 

#2 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Why does the media think this persons opinion is even newsworthy?

#3 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Because she knows a thing or two about business and the economy.

#4 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Because she owns 10% of the news organisation that originally printed the story and sits on their board.

She is a stupid bitch with a lot of money.

That scheme is much like that of 17th century England, where the rich could pay their way out and the poor languish. Would suit Gina, who wants to pay workers $2 a day, perfectly.

An example of Gina's incredible intellectual prowess.:

Rinehart's holiday. The world's richest woman, Gina Rinehart, has penned an article on her recent trip to Europe.

In the Netherlands, she was interested to discover that people "had complaints about the windmills". According to Rinehart, a well-known climate sceptic, the Dutch don't like paying for wind power, "and also the consequences to industry, with industries closing down in Holland and moving elsewhere". Unemployment has dramatically increased -- doubled! -- due to wind power, Rinehart says. The Dutch "now wished they'd stayed with the old. But few people had spoken up beforehand about what wind power would really mean".
Her source? She spoke to a taxi driver.
Tips would just like to point out that there have been windmills in the area now known as the Netherlands since the eighth century. In fact, windmills helped create the land of the low-lying Netherlands (read about it here). The country's official tourist website says: "Today, windmills are characteristic of the Dutch landscape and a symbol of the Dutch struggle with water."
So it's a shame to hear the Dutch are so anti-windmill.

Learning from my Europe trip, I thought I'd share some experiences, starting with Amsterdam. Amsterdam was my first European stop after working in India, and I was fortunate to be greeted at the airport by a knowledgeable Dutch driver. As we passed a large, sometimes power-generating windmill, I asked him what the people of Holland thought of wind power. His reply was interesting. He said at first it seemed that most of the Dutch people welcomed wind power as a power source, and welcomed and wanted the ideas of other clean energy.
He then told me, but now it is different. He advised that most people now don’t like the higher taxes due to building such new power, and especially don’t like the increased power costs out of their own pockets, and also the consequences to industry, with industries closing down in Holland and moving elsewhere. He told me unemployment had increased, with mainly youth affected, and had approximately doubled in two years.
He said people in Holland now wished they hadn’t incurred these cleaner power burdens, and wished they’d stayed with the old. But few people had spoken up beforehand about what wind power would really mean. He said they had further complaints about the windmills, too. Nobody wanted a power-generating windmill near them. I asked why people hadn’t spoken up, and he replied that often people don’t like to speak out against things that are popular at the time, even if there may be consequences not desirable.

Fine intellect that woman has...

Also, as if she would ever catch a cab, and if she did, as if she would stoop to speak with the driver... pfft.

#5 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Can you name them?

#6 smirq

smirq
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

She has opinions on more than a thing or two. Not so sure about knowledge.

You forget that she's a poet Kleinz - http://www.abc.net.a.../15/3431797.htm

Our Future 

The globe is sadly groaning with debt, poverty and strife

And billions now are pleading to enjoy a better life
Their hope lies with resources buried deep within the earth
And the enterprise and capital which give each project worth
Is our future threatened with massive debts run up by political hacks
Who dig themselves out by unleashing rampant tax
The end result is sending Australian investment, growth and jobs offshore
This type of direction is harmful to our core
Some envious unthinking people have been conned
To think prosperity is created by waving a magic wand
Through such unfortunate ignorance, too much abuse is hurled
Against miners, workers and related industries who strive to build the world
Develop North Australia, embrace multiculturalism and welcome short term foreign workers to our shores
To benefit from the export of our minerals and ores
The world's poor need our resources: do not leave them to their fate
Our nation needs special economic zones and wiser government, before it is too late.

Edited by smirq, 06 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#7 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

She became a billionaire on her own accord. Sure she got a good head start from her father's success but she is largely responsible for her current fortune. I don't like the woman personally, I think she is a greedy old hag, but to deny her economic and business prowess is unfair.

#8 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Really???

I thought she inherited a bucket load of money and resources in an industry, that fortunately for her  (and me to a far lesser extent) has boomed!

She is one of the worlds ultimate 'tards... Right up there with Dan Quayle and Eve (of Adam and Eve fame).

#9 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=PpdCvBOwuFg

Sweet child of mines

#10 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

She became a billionaire on her own accord

Stoppit! you made me giggle while eating and  rice bubbles came out my nose!

Too funny! :)

#11 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

A grown man eating rice bubbles, now that made me giggle :D

#12 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

It was poetic licence. Bits of ahi tuna dipped in soy doesn't sound as funny (no wasabi, thank god!).

Not as funny as your virtually sucking Gina's extra-chunky toes in earlier posts. :)

#13 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

A grown man eating rice bubbles, now that made me giggle :D

Hey that's one of the biggest up sides to having children... You can have a box of fruit loops in the cupboard no matter what age lol who cares if my boy is only 11 months and can't actually eat them lol

#14 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

That YouTube video was gold! I was crying from laughter

#15 smirq

smirq
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hey that's one of the biggest up sides to having children... You can have a box of fruit loops in the cupboard no matter what age lol who cares if my boy is only 11 months and can't actually eat them lol

Gina eats all the fruit loops. If the kids are lucky they can lick the bowl.

There are plenty of dark skinned Americans who I respect over Gina. Some work two or more jobs on low wages while managing to also ensure their children are educated and disciplined enough to escape from a fate of addiction, imprisonment and murder. Some work hard to develop talents, often without fathers, in gang infested neighborhoods, earning the chance at an education through scholarships. Others work long hours dodging bullets and handcuffs while gaining an understanding of the business economy of selling drugs, and earning enough money to reinvent themselves as entertainers (their only inheritance being born gang affiliated). At the very least, they give back to the community by providing hope and respite from a difficult life. Many also give back financially through personal charities.

Gina on the other hand, threatens to cancel her children's ransom protection insurance (http://www.smh.com.a...0205-1qzun.html).

#16 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

"Bloody peasants! MOAR CAEK!!!!"

317848-the-banquet-of-gina-and-ginia.jpg

#17 garlic shrimp

garlic shrimp
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

ah kleinz, i was having a really shit day today ,but you've given me a hell of a laugh my friend,good stuff mate. ;)

#18 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Here ya go :)

oOsTi.jpg

#19 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Controversial yet bloody hilarious

#20 tastyfish1980

tastyfish1980
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I would like to see her emigrate to Zimbabwe. She would be a good match with Mugabe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users