Classifieds Guidelines - discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Barf

Barf
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Sarahjayne1988 @ Feb 28 2011, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only financial members have this option (I think)

I just had a look and couldnt find it? can someone tell me whare it should be, thanks.

#42 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

Bottom of your topic pretty sure it says moderation options

Edited by Sarahjayne1988, 28 February 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#43 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

It's annoying when the seller/buyer bumps their ad up by posting "sold/found" it's a pointless bump, all you need to do is edit your original post, change the title to "SOLD".

(edit - shocking spelling & grammar)

Edited by Sarah Jayne, 30 July 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#44 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

this is even more annoying because they have nothing to gain by bumping their post, cos the item is sold hahah.

but at the end of the day i prefer this classifieds informal style to the RTAW classifieds. they are just horrible. i dont mind deleteing a few bumps here and there or sending a pm or two, and people dont complain much (to my face anyway hahah). i think they are pretty good the way they are, hell i even used to throw in soem random discussion into the classifieds just to see how long it would take daz to delete it biggrin.gif so its a pretty good section we have imo.

#45 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

People really need to read the clasifieds adds properly befor replying.
The amount of times you see people reply to a post asking for a price when there is already one in the add. Or replying making an offer or asking questions when the person posting the add asked for people to PM them.
It's crazy!!!!!

#46 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

Barf i agree with you to thats a great idea we need no more moderators we have enough police out there make it simple good one Barf

#47 gilz

gilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

i was just wondering
for anyone thats sold something on gumtree before you'll be aware that you can promote your ad
so if you want it to go back to the top of the page you can pay like $1.49 i think. or if you want it to stay at the top in the top ads section its like $5
have the pcs ever considered something like this
it would mean that if people insist on having their ad at the top of the page then they can pay the amount decided upon.
a way that it could work would be to stop comments on classifieds forcing ads to the top of the page (however that is done, something to do with the website i guess). instead after a week you have the option to put it up to the top for free. or if you want it up before the week is through you could pay to have it put back up.
this would also stop general chit chat putting ads up to the top aswel. and best of all put some money back into the pcs.
so it wouldnt actually be a paid classifieds but if you want the added benefits you have the option to pay for them.
i dont know if this is a logical option. it might be too hard to set all that up. just an idea. seems that it would solve a few problems that are occuring. ie. people bumping before the week. people talking on ads. (which i was thinking it wouldnt surprise me if people intensionally leave info out.. keeps their ad at the top doesnt it)

so yeah.. just an idea

#48 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (bowdy88 @ Mar 6 2011, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People really need to read the clasifieds adds properly befor replying.
The amount of times you see people reply to a post asking for a price when there is already one in the add. Or replying making an offer or asking questions when the person posting the add asked for people to PM them.
It's crazy!!!!!

I agree, however the other problem is over zelous moderators
i rang a guy regarding an ad, he tells me to put a reply on his ad, i do it, then a moderator deletes it!
don't get so uptight about it, just chill people

if someone says pm only, and some retard replies on the ad, just ignore it OR delete it

#49 OrangeBemba

OrangeBemba
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

I personally would like to see only PCS Club Members being able to sell items on this forum and the post being locked. Editing of the original post should still be possible.

#50 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (gilz @ Mar 11 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have the pcs ever considered something like this
it would mean that if people insist on having their ad at the top of the page then they can pay the amount decided upon.

No we have not considered it. The problem is that those who don't want to pay simply copy and paste the ad and create a new one. So we end up with multiple copies of the same ad.
Or they sell stuff A, then after a while create a new ad with stuff B and also A.

QUOTE (Jason82 @ Mar 11 2011, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, however the other problem is over zelous moderators
i rang a guy regarding an ad, he tells me to put a reply on his ad, i do it, then a moderator deletes it!
don't get so uptight about it, just chill people

no moderators are over zealous. You should see the state of my inbox with PMs relating to a post from just one guy bumping his thread! We have rules and people rightfully complain when others brake them.
So you rang the person to discuss the ad. There's no need to also reply on the forum. He simply wanted his thread bumped that's why he asked you to do it and it's unfair to others.

#51 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

Cawdor good point but i think this as only been a problem in the last few months,because people complain i think locking the add is a great idea, and for all you serial complainers go get a job or go fishing or go get a partner or become a pom they love to whinge, sorry im a pom lol

Edited by Fish-lips, 11 March 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#52 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

If everyone stuck to the T&C and guidelines then people wouldn't complain.
There not hard to stick to and it keeps everything in line.
There are no need for changes if people just done the right thing.

#53 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

Contact the committee Dave if you have a problem

.. Yes and you too bowdy

Edited by Sarahjayne1988, 13 March 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#54 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Mate I can see where your coming from but what I'm getting at is the commitee and mods donate a shit load of there own time running and maintaining this site so we can all enjoy the hobby we all love and the more people don't follow the guidelines and T&C's then that's more time the committee and mods have to take out of there day to fix the crap that some people do on here.
If the site was left to people to do what ever they like there wouldn't be a site for us all to enjoy.

I'm not saying I'm right your wrong just saying.
The commitee and mods put in a big effort so why can't everyone else put in a bit to.
Cheers.

#55 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Neddy @ Mar 12 2011, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The mods should just give up on all the rules, unless classified adds are locked for seven days so they can't be bumped then people are just going to keep doing it. What the heck, I might aswell join the band wagon.

QUOTE (Jason82 @ Mar 11 2011, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the other problem is over zelous moderators

Lol. We could get overzealous, if you like.

Look guys it's fairly cruisy already. The mods watch the classifieds (I get them delivered to my phone) and pick up most stuff. If you see someone has not complied with the Ts & Cs, you hit the report button on the bottom left of that post, and we all get an email/PM identifying where the problem is. That's awesome, because mods are people too. If it's nighttime, chances are we'll fix it almost instantly. If we're all at work, then within 6-12hrs we'll fix it anyway.

What you don't want is your committee having to wade through that every night (which is what the couple of newer mods are for) -- they should be doing committee things or perhaps having lives too! smile.gif

It's usually new forum users that are the culprits anyway. My guess would be they didn't actually read the Ts &Cs. There are only a few club members and established forum users that regularly break the rules apart from that, and with each time they get closer to some form of disciplinary action.

As for locking threads, it could be done manually for every single post, but that would take more time and effort than simply reporting the half dozen or so each day that break the rules.

But I might be biased in that under the current system of reading every post I can pick up good deals pretty quickly wink.gif

#56 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

Cleaned out all the crap. If you have constructive comments ON TOPIC, feel free to post.

#57 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

Why do we have to edit the original post when adding new items before four days.

How many times have you asked your self " I wonder if highlucks has added more items to his post" and then go find it to have a look. Not very often I would imagine.

But if I or some one else adds a new item or two to their forsale thread it is then moved to the top and people can see that there is new input and before you say oh but this is just a thread bump. It is completely different. Because if all you do is edit your original post, then your new items stay on page two and remain unseen. Until you bump your post a few days later. That is if you remember to.

If another thread was started three days after the original, I highly doubt that a moderator would remember the original, go find it and then merge the two together. But it would seem that adding a new post is worse than starting a new thread.

#58 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Just put 'update 7/5' ect in the heading. That works.

HTH

#59 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thanks SJ, but they know when it was updated by the post dates. Hence the reason they leave the silly little edit message.

#60 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hey cam prity sure it's like that so dickheads ( not yourself ) dont add a lil thing every day just in order to bump there post up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users