Mornin'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BigSkip

BigSkip
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:54 AM

Hey there All,

Im a fairly young (i would like to think) fella who is just getting back in to the aquarium hobby after having a few fish as a kid.

Currently only have the one tank; 240L planted tank with some 20 odd tetras and a few bristlenose. When i get a bigger place though im planning some monster tanks.

I am a Fitter and Machinist by trade, now working within the scientific research/education sector. my day job is building experimental equipment for reasearch into chemical and petrolium enginnering. I have already made a series of custom filters for my current tank and will probably do a quick write up on them when i can, aswell as my custom lights. I also do alot of Acrylic fabrication through work, hopefully i can put some info/guides up on here to help people along with the use of acrylic.

Apart from that not much to say...

#2 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hi there and welcome to PCS forums  im sure you will enjoy your stay here and you have arrived at a good time we have a lot of things coming up in next couple months  

Also if you have any questions do not hesitate to post and ask away in any of the relevant forums

Welcome

Rich

#3 humbug

humbug
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

G'day BigSkip! 

Love your first installment of Acrylic 101.  Thoroughly looking forward to further installments!!! 

#4 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hello and Welcome to PCS forums.

Cant wait to see some of your articles.

Plenty of room in that 240L for some Cichlids. ;-)

#5 BigSkip

BigSkip
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:31 PM

Im looking at some discus to start, i know they can be a bit touchy... but whats life without a challenge :P also ihave a mate who works at vebas, so i have an insider haha. Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Edited by BigSkip, 26 October 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#6 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

Im looking at some discus to start, i know they can be a bit touchy... but whats life without a challenge :P also ihave a mate who works at vebas, so i have an insider haha. Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Discus are great. A little harder than other fish only because if one dies it hits the pocket hard.

All you need to really do is be consistant and they'll keep living. Weekly WCs is highly recommended.

They are very docile so make sure you don't have super speedy fish with them too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users