February 2016 - German Import!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hello everyone,

As per title, we are very excited to announce that we are going to have big import from the best and biggest wholesaler in Germany.

We have decided to try this again to spice up the Cichlid hobby a bit, and also because we would like to get some different species in the country before the new rules come in March, that might even cut down the number of species on the importable list.

We are going to order fish on the first week of February, so all you have to do is come in the shop BEFORE  FEBRUARY 1st, 2016 and tell us which specie you want and how many.

Remember that the fish are coming all the way from Germany, so better get a small group than just "a pair of..." .. there is always a risk to lose some specimen during the trip + 2 weeks of quarantine, so not really a wise idea to get just one pair of cichlids that might not come up again in the hobby.

The list was sent to us just before Christmas, so it might change until we do the order in the first week of February. Anybody who will order a fish that is not any more on the list will be notified, so you can decide if want a different specie or get your deposit back. YES, we do require a 50% deposit previous the order. :)

*Note that prices might vary a bit, depending on the exchange rate, quarantine and shipping expenses*

You can find the list in the attached PDF file!

Attached Files

#2 25GTT

25GTT
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

Geez there is some nice fish on there! some ive never seen before:

Cyprichromis sp. "Leptosoma Jumbo" (Tricolor)

#3 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

Jumbo tricolor are quite popular in Europe! They get quite large compared to some leptosoma, and the color is just stunning!

#4 BengaBoy

BengaBoy
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:39 AM

not much in the way of wild caught?

#5 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:46 AM

quite popular in Europe!

So is eurovision...

#6 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

Some importers leave wild caughts of the list,,, not only because they are very expensive,,, but some people don't understand wildcaughts having very high expectations,,,, when in fact, true quality of fish are tank and pond raised stuff being a result from selective processes.
For example, a WC frontosa order, one could have a funny shape head, a few could have lake spots, one could have bar/stripe mooning,,, and so on.
People's lack of understanding can sometimes make things pretty difficult.
I'm certainly not saying this is the reason,,, but in the past when I've ordered wild caught fish,, sometimes you actually have to wait for it to be collected or extracted from its habitat, which is sometimes orders are taken just before the collection trip.
This makes orders fall into the next rounds or even the following two or three rounds which makes a wait long and messy.

Quality fish bred in tanks and ponds, healthy, use to pellets and flakes, selective processed,,,, much better.

Wildcaughts are for new species to the scene, or true genetic replenishment or replacement with no other options or even new avenue of traits.

#7 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Buccal for explaining a bit some of the issues with wild caught fish.

The list that the received has HEAPS of Wild caught cichlids, but we have decided to remove them and not get them in for many different reasons:

- As Buccal was saying, most of the REAL wild caught fish come with strange shapes, broken fins that won't regrow, skinny that won't eat, and many more issues...

- Wild caught fish are usually bigger fish, which means more expensive, older, and more likely to not do too well during the shipment ...that's why we recommend to import small fish rather than large ones

- We support and ethically disagree with the wild taking of fish if or when not required

- Most of the wild caught fish on the list are the same species been tank raised... and many of them are not even on the importable list

#8 BengaBoy

BengaBoy
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

[snip]

The list that the received has HEAPS of Wild caught cichlids, but we have decided to remove them and not get them in for many different reasons:

[snip]

thanks for that

yeah, I was being a bit cheeky as I thought WCs would have been on the "original" list and saw you only left the Tricoti WC on there.

#9 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

Tricoti world wide has a good turnover, so stocking them with the demand is doable.
Tricoti are always good to go,,, but very hard to breed and succeed, little lone in numbers.
Research has taken place for sustainable extraction.
But it's also said that they are becoming easier and more frequent of cases of captive breeding,

Definetely agree with Aqoutix aquariums,, I felt guilty the times I did order wild caughts, especially when I was told they couldn't find any on certain expeditions and had to wait,,, but it was new specie introduction.
Completely terrible to ask for wild caughts of a specie that's already abundant and avaliable already.
Only should wild caughts be taken (in very small numbers), to bring back lost species or to introduce new species into the hobby.

Sorry for extending the conversation in the classifieds.

Edited by Buccal, 31 December 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#10 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

Thank you for taking the initiative and for organizing it. Great stuff!!!

I can hopefully finally get what I was looking for ....

Also I have just realized.... what I like is the most expensive at the same time  :Rofl_3f:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

#11 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

Hey everyone,

we have received a lot of emails and calls about the next German Import, just a reminder that booking will close on January 31st, so you have only 2 weeks left to get your order in :)

#12 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

Do you have access to any fish from the German exporter other than those on the list?

I'd love to be able to get either Nanochromis Teugelsi or Transvestitus but dont like my chances of ever tracking them down :(

#13 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hi guys, only 10 days left to preorder fish for our coming German Shipment. There's plenty of nice fish on the list so check it out and come place your preorder.

#14 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

This is the updated list that we received today... only 8 days left!

Please remember that there might be a small price change, depending on the exchange rate at the time when we do the order :)

Attached File  Cichlid Import Febuary (PDF).pdf   45.32KB   774 downloads

#15 BengaBoy

BengaBoy
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

that's interesting

so if they are no longer on the new list that means they are no longer available?

#16 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

Yes... and no.

What is available this week, might not be available next week. But might be available again when we do the order.

Whatever has been ordered here previously is on hold for us. So if you have ordered something and paid a deposit on it, it should get here, even if it's not on the updated list ;)

#17 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Only a couple more days to put your orders in! Don't miss out, this could be your last chance to get your favourite cichlid in your tanks!!

#18 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

Got mine on order - thanks for organising guys.

#19 Aquotix Aquariums

Aquotix Aquariums
  • Sponsor

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Cichlids are finally released!!! :lol:

Pop in for a look at these beauties! Lots of rare fish never seen before!

Please let us know if you intend to come and collect your preorder either tomorrow or Tuesday.

#20 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

Picked up mine yesterday and quality is A1. Saw a few extras in the main fish room for sale so if you're looking for a new species to keep, I recommend having a look at what's on offer.

Thanks Aquotix :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users