Photo

Help Please E/y Swimming On Side And Up Side Down

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sand_groper

sand_groper
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

as stated above i have just found my e/y male swimming on its side, upside down and in circles what could cause this and what can i do for the poor little blitter?
it is in a community tank could whatever have caused this go through my whole tank and what can i do to prevent any more fish getting ill?
any help would be most appreciated.

#2 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

Sounds like a swimbladder infection - usually when they start doing that it stresses them out even more and most of the time they don't make it past a few days.
Have you done a waterchange recently? Sometimes the shock from adding a lot of cold water to the tank can lead to this.

#3 sand_groper

sand_groper
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

my last water change was 4 days ago i am due to do another 1 today as i ty an do my water changes about evey 4-5 days

#4 sand_groper

sand_groper
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

I am sad to report that any help now is too late as he has already passed to the big fish tank in the sky :-(

#5 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

Very sad to hear that sad.gif
But as I said, once they cannot remain in the normal swimming position, I would say 95% will die shortly after due to stress.
I have had one fish come back from it.

#6 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

Do you use water conditioner when adding tap water to the aquarium? If so what brand?

#7 sand_groper

sand_groper
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

i do use water conditioner with my water changes, i use the aqua one brand at a rate of 10ml per 60lters.

#8 Coxyy

Coxyy
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

I had this happen to one of my electric yellows few months back. The day after i did a water change i had no idea that was the reason. it also only lasted for a couple of days longer sad.gif . But i was told it may have been a burn from the heater that made it loose its balance when swimming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users