seriously,whats everyones dream tankbuster fish

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 smellsfishy

smellsfishy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

why arent snake heads over here?
law? endangered? how much do u reckon they would retail for?
stunning fish though.

#42 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

Law.

They are a highly noxious fish as they would present a serious threat to our water ways.

#43 Midnite76

Midnite76
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

I have read that Aro's seem to be the majorities favourite (mine inc).

Has anyone checked out the fishsales.com.au pages? There are a lot of arowana sales here and some look to be priced accordingly or even cheaper. I think I have read some unflattering feedback regarding this and am not sure if they are the real deal or not.

Has anyone had any experience with them or feedback on this?

#44 alex101

alex101
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

hahah the good old Fire Eel

Attached Files

#45 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

Law.

They are a highly noxious fish as they would present a serious threat to our water ways.

Exactly which waterways are you reffering to Ronny?

I had a good debate on another forum on this subject, the only 2 states that have natural waterways suitable for tropical fish species is QLD and NT (there are some spots in Northern WA but there isnt much of a human population around them).

Nearly all tropical fish species (meaning fish which have a distribution within tropical climates and require warm water in order to breed and feed) pose zero threat to the southern states, our water is too cold.

With the exclusion of the very north of Australia there really arent any pristine waterways left in Southern Australia, they are all damaged or completely destroyed by farming, urban devlepment, industry and feral species introduced by fisheries department and fisherman.

Cheers
Den smile.gif

#46 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

Then I guess you could say yours is a repost then, Den. Might also want to check the date on Ronny's post, its three months old. He might bite but I doubt it.
But as you have stated these fish could survive in the north of our state. ie the Murchison river system, there is one water way in our state that could be effected by noxious tropical fish.

Try to stay on topic there is already a few threads devoted to this debate. We don't need or want it spread all over the forum.

#47 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

The temperature range for most of the Channa complex is huge, some up to 30+ and some as low as 10.

They are also a very hardy fish.

As you know, it only takes one species, that could withstand the conditions here for the entire complex to be classed as noxious wink.gif

One species for example:
Channa Argus

Temperature: 0-30 c can tolerate a massive temp range from part frozen lakes to the tropics reports from an experiment in Russia, report during a particular bad winter of 3 test ponds which ended with two ponds totally wiped out of all fish but in the third pond some argus did survive ; pH 6-7.5

other info: probably the most banned fish in the world , due to its ability to survive such extremes in temperature. Governments have taken measures to protect there environment against this invader , banned through all of Europe and America also Australia and New Zealand parts of Canada amongst other .

#48 walks

walks
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

The Dolphin fish (mahi mahi), theyre an awsum coulour!!! unique shape and grow so quickly!!! they breed em (for eating :-( unfortunately) up in exxmouth, but a massive tank with one of these guys in em would be AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean

#49 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

I agree we should stay on topic, sorry Hilux I wasnt the instigator of changing the topic, I was just questioning comments already made off topic, anyway I wont take that off topic discussion further, and thus wont respond to Ronnys reply, instead I will add my dream fish.

My dream is to have a tank full of man made discus! I prefer the new colourful hybrids coming out of Asia, since they are the most colourful, cheapest and most easily available when compared to the natural ones and can be purchased on the forum here regularly. I also think its better for the environment since unlike wild caughts these fish are tank bred instead of being taken from the wild.

My dream discus tank wub.gif

Cheers
Den

#50 CubanB

CubanB
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

Pretty much a full grown male ie 20" + one of these bad boys.

DOVII UMBEE JAGUAR

Attached Files

#51 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

funny about that emprior or giat cichlid i have one but my altime fav would be peacock bass i used to have them but got rid of them wish i kept them all now

#52 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

So you do or don't have an emperor cichlid. Sorry its just that your post is hard to read. If you do are you going to register it?

QUOTE (Den @ Aug 11 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree we should stay on topic, sorry Hilux I wasnt the instigator of changing the topic, I was just questioning comments already made off topic, anyway I wont take that off topic discussion further, and thus wont respond to Ronnys reply, instead I will add my dream fish.

My dream is to have a tank full of man made discus! I prefer the new colourful hybrids coming out of Asia, since they are the most colourful, cheapest and most easily available when compared to the natural ones and can be purchased on the forum here regularly. I also think its better for the environment since unlike wild caughts these fish are tank bred instead of being taken from the wild.

My dream discus tank wub.gif

Cheers
Den

No worries man. Those discus are purty do you have any yet.

#53 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (highlucks @ Aug 17 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you do or don't have an emperor cichlid. Sorry its just that your post is hard to read. If you do are you going to register it?

No worries man. Those discus are purty do you have any yet.

yes i have a female

#54 drukqs2369

drukqs2369
  • Banned

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

this arowana is for sale.. asain red tail golden arow

expensive but very nice

http://perth.gumtree...AdIdZ215770855#

#55 Matty77

Matty77
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

Hi all! My first post! biggrin.gif would give up all my yther cichlids for a team of Peacock Bass!.....Nah would get another tank just for them...anyone got info on where I may get??

#56 deena_me

deena_me
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

really hard to get them , i been trying for a bit , a few people have them but dont wanna part with them smile.gif

#57 ozjayok

ozjayok
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

they have some down at malaga City Barn last time i was there. 2 weeks ago. they have a few tank busters down there.

i would like to have a peacock bass

#58 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

My dream tankbuster starts and ends with Arapaima gigas.

#59 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

Amazing fish but gees you would need a bloody big tank wink.gif

#60 alex101

alex101
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:42 AM

5000gallon would that do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users