White crane-colour enhancing food

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 vishy_100

vishy_100
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

Hey,
Whats the deal with this stuff? I have the White crane yellow discus food, it osunds a bit dodgy.
Thanks
Matt

#2 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

I have not even seen this, so obviously I have not tried it.

I asked at an LFS last week.

Apparently it is not only contains colour enhancing properties but worse than that it contains hormones.

That's just what I was told.

Please correct me if this information is incorrect biggrin.gif

HTH
Col

#3 Mintox

Mintox
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

One of my friends got this food for me, my female venustus started to develop blue lips, no thanks. I guess it might be handy in a display tank though.

#4 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

i have heard corect me if im wrong but the hormones can make some fish turn into males and or affect bredding ive heard another common brand of fish food does it as well

#5 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

Re :- Hormones.

I haven't heard that Shane, but I have been told that it makes M & F both infertile.

Col

#6 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:23 PM

thats what ive heard but what you say make more sence

#7 Andrew

Andrew
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

i have used it in my more youthful days of fish keeping. i bought it at vebas and it worked, but my fish did become infertile, but seem to be ok now. i have never touched it again.

#8 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

chicken is the same

#9 Keddy

Keddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

spectrum makes them infertile??????????????????????????? I didnt think it contained hormones????

#10 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:35 PM

i was told from a friend who runs a fish shop it does ill will dubble check the exact type

#11 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:02 PM

How can they make you infertile by hormones if they always say this:

Experience extreme color enhancement and extra vitality in your fish. New Life Spectrum provide essential elements which are found in nature that are often missing in aquariums. Hormone free, no artificial color enhancers. Easily digested , these pellets will not disintegrate and pollute water as other foods can.pellets good for freshwater and marine fish.

They can be in deep trouble for misleading information. 8O

#12 pacco

pacco
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

NLS doesn't contain hormones (apart from whatever might naturally be in the various algae, krill etc). I have seen the actual breakdown of ingredients and will say that as a statement of fact.

I am not sure what is actually in White Crane, and don't personally use it or recommend it (apart from in specific situations). I can make a few statements about it that I believe are factual:
* It colours up female/juvenile cichlids to full adult colouration.
* Females fed it can still breed after not being fed it for a while, at least from what I have seen.
* It can be useful for trying to ID unknown peacock females/juveniles.
* It can make for a spectacular looking display tank, especially for people who have a fish tank but aren't "hobbyists".
* I don't use it, but I imagine it would make juvenile cichlids a hell of a lot easier to sell to the public from a LFS point of view.

Opinions and suspicions are all well and good when expressed as such... but I think people should be careful what they say as fact on a public forum unless they are 100% sure about what they are talking about wink.gif

Cheers
Pacco

#13 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:10 PM

I agree with everything Pacco has just said. As fo NLS food, such false claims can be quite damaging to a popular and high quality food. As for White crane, as stated it gives all fish full male colouration, this in itself stops the males trying to mate with the "females" as they dont recognise them as such. I cannot comment on White Crane as I dont know the ingediants and have not used it.

Tony

#14 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

White Crane contains NO HORMONES WHAT SO EVER. It is a powerful colour enhancing food and does not make fish infertile, in fact i have seen them and have had fish breed whilst on white crane. Unfortunately this is the biggest misconception about this food and it is all hearsay.

If the food did contain a hormone then we would not be able to import it into Australia would we? It is very very high in vitamin A which as we all know are found in banana's but they dont contain hormones laugh.gif

I think this food is great and i have fed it to some of my display fish and they look great, this food is obviously no substitute for a good quality diet such as spirulina, mysis, brine, pellets and flakes but it does aid in the hobby.

Sorry for the long post but i do not believe the company deserves a bad reputation because of a few rumours.
Please be careful with accusations because the company has the ability to take people to court who slander the product and they have done so as well.

Thanks

#15 retyped

retyped
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:53 PM

(krissytool)
White Crane contains NO HORMONES WHAT SO EVER. It is a powerful colour enhancing food and does not make fish infertile, in fact i have seen them and have had fish breed whilst on white crane. Unfortunately this is the biggest misconception about this food and it is all hearsay.

If the food did contain a hormone then we would not be able to import it into Australia would we? It is very very high in vitamin A which as we all know are found in banana's but they dont contain hormones laugh.gif

I think this food is great and i have fed it to some of my display fish and they look great, this food is obviously no substitute for a good quality diet such as spirulina, mysis, brine, pellets and flakes but it does aid in the hobby.

Sorry for the long post but i do not believe the company deserves a bad reputation because of a few rumours.
Please be careful with accusations because the company has the ability to take people to court who slander the product and they have done so as well.

Thanks

good stuff mate ..save me the trouble of explaining without sounding like im making up bs...

my mate used it ..and all his frys colour up and his yellows still manage to breed like rabbits.as tony said " as the female will colour up too and the males will be confused"..i guess people are shock how potent WHITE CRANE is at colour enhancing...

if u guys are afriad to used WHITE CRANE then dont used it like me ...

cheers

David

#16 Tucunare

Tucunare
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

where can you buy white crane????.
you still sell pacco???
how bout you krissytool does aquotix sell it???
might try it on a couple of juvis ive got and post the pics up

#17 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

morley sell it

#18 pacco

pacco
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Yeah we have some, a lot of it is old stock though.

#19 Tucunare

Tucunare
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

cool thanks guys

#20 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hey Steve Aquotix sell it, got a fair bit too.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users