• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

See you all in a couple of hours!

Those who haven't paid for tickets as yet feel free to rock up and pay @ the door as there are spare seats available.

#42 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

Come on Guys.

It's 5.30am & there isn't a single report on the talk last night. I am itching to know what I missed.

Col

#43 karrill

karrill
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

Hi Col
You missed out on a very entertaining and informative night!!!! if we could get some of the Geo's that Spencer showed us i would definately convert....... If we manage to get him again i will be there! The only down side is that i have only had 4 hours sleep :-)

Graeme

#44 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

Thanks heaps Spencer for a great talk, had a ball. Very amusing throughout his whole presentation.
Those who couldn't make, You missed out big time.
Now I just want to go to "UraGay" and collect some kick arse Gymno's, Defiantly want to hit up Bike creek smile.gif

QUOTE (Link2Hell @ Jul 4 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys and Ladies biggrin.gif

we have had the pleasure of Spencer presenting a talk on "Collecting in Uruguay"
last night and it was excellent (takes out hanky to wipe tears away with) with a
range of cichlids that American (especially Geo) keepers would give their left one fo
Chris

LOL When I first read this Chris, I thought "Thats a little weird" hahaha But I now know what you mean smile.gif

Hey Chris, Do you have any BAP whore's over there? laugh.gif

#45 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

So how long till we organise a PCS UraGay club trip?

I vote Daz gets the barbie fish net laugh.gif

Now... how do we get some of those Gymno's over here unsure.gif

#46 Blackcats

Blackcats
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

What a great life Spencer & his friends must have travelling the world collecting fish and generally having a good time sampling the local delights in these remote places !
Then he travels the world visiting conventions and aquarium clubs talking about his trips and passing on his knowledge ..... fishy heaven.

Liked the Geos of URaGay laugh.gif and the sheer scale of the fish farming in Florida was something else.

Thanks to Spencer for the entertainment and to the committee for making it happen.

Cheers

Harry smile.gif

#47 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Blackcats @ Jul 7 2010, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to Spencer for the entertainment and to the committee for making it happen.

A HUGE thanks to all those who organised the event. Next up Ad Konings smile.gif

#48 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Sorry I ended up not being able to make it guys... Even went to get a hair cut during the day for the event (ha!)... Had a really busy arvo yesterday and it drained me! sad.gif

#49 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

A big thanks to all the committee who organised this and to have a night for just $10 is still unbelievable, cant even buy lunch for that price !

For all those who didnt come well you really have lost out on a brilliant talk and a memory of a great night for many years to come !

Cheers
Craig

#50 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Weak Kev tongue.gif

Was a fantastic night. He is a great speaker and even though it was a late finish I would have stayed for another three talks if he would have done them.

While other committee members assisted with the evening this talk wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Daz. He put a lot of effort and time into making it happen and deserves the lion's share of the credit. Well done mate and thanks!!!

With a growing membership and some unofficial partnering with other cichlid clubs over east I reckon we should seriously look at getting an reknowned, international speaker every year or two. That Rusty Wessel sounds like he could do a good talk.

+1 for a PCS Uruguay fish trip

#51 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Daz wub.gif
What a great night, I really enjoyed all the talks, each had something unique to offer. I think if I had to pick my favourite was the fish farm talk, the scale and the incredible African cichlid specimens was something very impressive.
The Uruguay talk was eye opening in terms of information about the country, I think it made me quite interested to visit this place.
Spencer came across as a very down to earth, humorous, friendly and professional speaker and it was a joy to listen. Time flew by for me.

Thanks to everyone who helped out and special thanks to werdna for bringing his coffee machine, I'm keen on feedback for that. Please PM me with any comments or post here.

#52 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

Thanks to Spencer for the talk. It was one of the most entertaining evenings I have had at a fish club, and there has been a few! Laughed so much, was so impressed with the fish shown and the bikini girls, in awe of the Florida fish farms and inspired by the collecting trips.
For those that missed out, It was one of those times you really should not have. If the opertunity comes up again I would try and get him back for more talks.

Tony

#53 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

I wont stop till i have my own fish farm...........
good to meat most of you, a much thanx to spence for a great talk!!

scott

p.s ... very weak kev

just need and sas suit ... my ninja skills.. eski .. and ticket to florida ... fish farm make me soooo horny!!!

#54 sleepycod

sleepycod
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

Heaps of thanx to the committe for a great night....Thanx to spencer for coming ....was an awsome nite....( gotta love the discus bashing)....ok who owns 10 hectares we can start WA's fish farming ....gotta love them emperors......agaim thank you spencer for a very imformative speach and show....and thanx again for the commite for making it happen......im with azz....braing on AD.....cheers greg

#55 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

Was absolutely brilliant! My guest is not into fish at all but still thoroughly enjoyed it. When I go on my trip to Patagonia, I will have to zip over to Uruguay and partake in a collection trip.. Just goes to show what a fantastic speaker Spencer is to be able to entertain someone who thinks fish are boring.

Andrea smile.gif

PS> thankyou AAA for the all in one aquarium....I think I've solved my "where am I gonna house those multis from Tim" question!

#56 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

Thanks guys for organising such a great speaker, especially Daz.....Spencer was worth a lot more than $10 a head. It was a good night.

#57 fusco

fusco
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:17 AM

I would like to thank the PCS for bringing Spencer Jack to Perth
Very humorous and very informative night i too would of stayed for more talks
I now know where I'm going on my next Holiday to go on one of the collecting trips to Uruguay (those Gymnos look awesome )
Thanks again and cant wait for the next one
cheers

#58 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

devo i didnt make it sad.gif sounds awesome!!

#59 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

Dont forget the first talk guys.

Who is going to change their will and leave their house to the club? smile.gif

#60 mattt

mattt
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

leave the coffee machine, that was pretty swish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users