Photo

October Talk - Gh And Kh

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

We are pleased to confirm that Oliver from Aquotix will give a talk about GH and KH in your aquarium water. For those that may not know, this is General Hardness and Carbonate Hardness.

The talk will be accompanied by a presentation and the aim is to keep this simple and understandable for everyone.

If anyone has questions they would like Oliver to address on the night, please post them here. At the end of the talk there will hopefully also be time for discussion (depending on how the talk progresses).

#2 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

I have never been to a pcs meeting so I don't know where to find the date...I may be blind and have missed it but what is the date of the meeting? Is it at the same place the auction was at?
Cheers Tim,
Danny smile.gif

#3 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

Have a look at this sticky: http://www.perthcich...showtopic=29670 smile.gif

Yes the location is the same where we had the auction.

#4 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

We will also award the prizes for this years Breeding competition.

#5 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

BUMP biggrin.gif

#6 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:53 AM

Just another bump...

BTW...Which one is Lynette ?

#7 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

With that girl there I really dont think Ollie will be performing his best wink.gif Not that you guys would be watching him anyway hahahahha

#8 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

The area of Water chemistry is one of the most important areas for fish keepers and one that most understand very little. KH and GH can have a dramatic effect on not only your pH and how you make proper adjustments, but can also effect the development of your fish and can cause deformities and other problems if incorrect for the type of fish you are keeping.
Oliver’s Talk will prove both educational and entertaining. After all Krystal as seen it and given it two thumbs up biggrin.gif

The informative talk matched with the beauty doing the Breeding competition should make for a great night.

Hope to see many of you there.

Tony

#9 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Fish Antics @ Oct 4 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The informative talk matched with the beauty doing the Breeding competition should make for a great night.

She's having a breeding comp? Where do I sign up???? LOL biggrin.gif

Hope to see a good turn out tomorrow.

#10 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

I've packed a few freebies in my car for after the talk - so will be worth while the drive and the time.....

#11 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

Sorry Guys!

Unfortunitly due to Contract obligations Lynette will not be able to attend tonights presentation. She does appologise and will make it to a future event.

Tony

#12 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for the very informative talk Oliver, And as I said at the talk people, Get yourself some of Aquotix's salts & buffer's , best on the market BY FAR!

#13 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

Cheers for taking the time to do the talk tonight Oli and best of luck with your new product range.

I've had good results from your rift lake salts and will give the pH buffer a shot soon.

Daz

#14 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

Thanks Az n Daz... wub.gif

I hope I did not waffle on too much - too much in my head, and in trying to get it all out, I got in front of my power point presentation slides and got a bit muddled at times..... I need practice with these slides, hopefully get to do a few more talks to get more experience.

I sold all of the 1kg buckets I had bought in, and one of the 10kg ones, so Im sure we will all hear about these two new products in the coming weeks...

I met Jared from "Labelmakers" there tonight, and I will be getting him to produce better labels for me - so it has turned out really good for me too.

Thanks to those that turned up to listen, I hope you grabbed something out of it that will help your understanding of KH and GH a bit more.

Im sure Tim will have the video of the night available soon, and I will condense the PP slides into a page that can be posted here for future reference.

#15 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for the talk Oliver, I know it's hard to condense something that is quite complex into something that (hopefully) everyone can understand.
Video will be up in the Club Members section in a while, I've got a few busy weekends ahead of me.

#16 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for the great info Oliver smile.gif The chem was nice, understandable and pleasantly scientific rather than 'believe this because I say it's true'.

I'll be really interested in that plant product when it comes out, but in a liquid form for small volumes perhaps smile.gif

#17 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

i really wanted to come along, but got the flu. When will the vid/minutes become available?

#18 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

See my reply above wink.gif

#19 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

Very informative talk, brought back all the crap i learned at tafe years ago haha. Will use your product as soon as i get a chance and let you know how it goes.

#20 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

I've used Ollie's products for 2-3 weeks now and most of my fish in the breeding room are...breeding! Got more mouthfuls of Lethrinus, Yellow Collars, Red Capuz..... and first time holder: ALBUS!! Wooot! biggrin.gif
Also, my other malawi cichlid are colouring up nicely and showing breeding signs! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users