Photo

Sump Or Trickle Filter?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 bigal66

bigal66
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

i would love too however its all been dismantled for future set-up in my new fish room due to be built, i seriously think it could run 15-20 tanks and still be efficient(may require xtra cleaning though).
when i re-instate everything i am more than willing to provide photo,s
regards alan.

ps it was only dismantled about 3 weeks ago.

#22 Tricoti

Tricoti
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hi guys and girls, I know this has been a long time comming but I have finaly got this 6ft tank set up and running.
The kids have claimed it as theirs so rocks fake plants and all set up has been done by them (not my choice but hey thats what they wanted), they also wanted to be the ones choosing the fish that go in it so it's up to them to maintain it (with a little help from me) I'm happy they are taking an interest and wanting to learn how and why we maintain the tanks the way we do, BUT if they loose interest then the good thing is I get another tank for me, sneeked that one past the wife.....

Anyhow the above tank trickle filter I made has been working a treat after a few adjustments so I thought it was time I showed you the tank all running.

Below is a youtube clip if you would like to view it.

Cheers.
Please add your comments or any suggestions of improvement for us.

#23 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Looks really good.

What are the big stripey fish and the victorian looking fish?

Daz

#24 Tricoti

Tricoti
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

Hi Daz.
The big stripey fish are Green Chromide (Etroplus suratensis), the others (vicorian looking) were sold to me as Haplochromis sp. 'Flameback' but I'm not 100% sure myself if thats exactly what they are... Cheers.

#25 Tricoti

Tricoti
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for all the input, I know this has been going for a while now but if your still watching this post then this is what I finished up making for the top of the tank, I have changed it slightly from this short video (below) to just two tubs of media.

Here is the tank it's running on.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users