Help - Pond Design

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Toto

Toto
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have just added a filter and pump to my pond. However i needed to have an outlet/inlet for the pipes so i decided to punch a hole through the limestone as high as i could. the pond has been sealed to keep the water in. However now i wish to have a higher water level.

I dont know how i can achieve this, and what soprt of sealer i could place in gap between the plastic pond hosing and the limestone. Does anyone have any good ideas???

Thanks in advance

Anthony

#2 mattt

mattt
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

any pictures

#3 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

You may be able to use the same hole but use an upwards facing L shaped piece of pipe inside it to raise the water to your desired level. I'm sure you would be able to find some sort of waterproof grout or sealant to use to fill the gaps with?

#4 Toto

Toto
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

Thanks guys

Yeah I think I will try and fill the gap with normal cement. Then seal over the rest. I am not too worked about a little leakage now since I will probably loose substantially more through evaporation. I think I was a little over worried about the "perfect" seal rather than a practical solution

Anthony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users