#1 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

#2 (abc)Jarrad

(abc)Jarrad
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

wow she's beautiful i would love to see some more pics of her and siblings biggrin.gif

#3 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

yea mate no problems ill chuck some more up

#4 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

Unfortunately this is an emperor Cichlid; Boulengerochromis microlepis. These have been declared noxious on the national list (all states). There are big fines involved for keeping them. They must be destroyed or surrendered to Fisheries.
There was a amnesty period for those that genuinely wanted to keep those species recently declared noxious as pets for the rest of their natural lives with restrictions. If you talk to fisheries they may still allow a permit.

If you are interested call me for more information 0401990366.

Tony

#5 alex101

alex101
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

that sucks cos they are a beatiful fish

#6 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

While discussing how unfair it is for a fish owner to have to cull his fish, why not also ponder the fact that a fish that grows to 3ft long is stuck in a 4ft tank...

#7 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

Oh ar we gona argu about the fact thast in in a 4 foot tank mat ar we well lets get started.

so how big is my fish at the moment andrew and i am looking at my next tank just for her mate thanx for you consern i think i know i little more than the average person about kepping agressive fish mate since ive succesfully breed theses in the past how many people can say that not to bloody many buddy i can count on my hands people through out australia who have sucessfully been able to breed theses.

also technialy if we are going to be responisable humans we should not keep any fish in tanks at all now should we but thats not going to happen.

just for peoples knowlage the authorities have taken fin samples of my fish long before any naughty list came out so the people who matter actully know what species i have in my collection considering ive been collecting fish and reptiles for 20 years i think i know what im doing mate but thanks for your concern
This is one of the reasons i dislike public forums every one can write what they wont with out knowlage of the situation or understanding and secondly i joined this forum to talk about fish i have or have kept no to be censerod, but i understand were the mods are coming from

#8 Hydonia

Hydonia
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

Why should this thread be deleted? So the person keeping noxious fish doesn't get caught? Please take no offense here ruffaz, but it has been well known and publicised here on the forum about noxious fish and he still decided to post, there is a huge difference between talking about hybrids and noxious fish, the society cannot encourage people to keep fish that are illegal to have.

I think it is a gorgeous fish though.

#9 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

wouldnt it be legal to keep if one had a permit from fisheries??

#10 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

I am glad you are getting your fish a larger tank, and congrats for breeding them in the past.
However my comment was directed at your original, now deleted, post.
You had written that the fish was too aggressive for the main tank and you had to move it to a 4x2x2 where it was going to stay.
You didnt say anything about an intention to buy a larger tank for it.

If you want to keep it and do plan on getting a larger tank for it, by all means, do it.
But do the right thing and apply to fisheries for a permit, they are normal people like you and me and want to kill your fish as much as you do. They are only enforcing a law made by someone else.
That way you can post as many pictures as you like, I am sure there are plenty of people that would love to see pictures of it on here, especially now that you can't get them.

Cheers

Andrew.

#11 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

Just so every one is aware i am alowed to have these fish

#12 (abc)Jarrad

(abc)Jarrad
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

i'm glad someone is...

#13 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

So why delete your post?

#14 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Well i am waiting for permission from the mods to put it up that way there will be no shit fights i got a few pm reguarding puting it up

#15 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

I would love to see some pics of the emperors spawning/with fry.

#16 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

You don't need permission to put them up. You just need to be aware that everyone can see what you put up.
Generally it would also be good to point out if the fish you show are noxious, so people are made aware. In your case Tony has already done this.

#17 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Peckoltia @ Nov 1 2010, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would love to see some pics of the emperors spawning/with fry.

well that is not going to happen

#18 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

If the authorities are aware that you have the fish, to the point where they have DNA samples then what is the problem?

To be honest with you, I simply don't believe you.

I would like you to make me eat my own words and prove me wrong, until then. . .

#19 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

Wow that was so painful. I can't believe I actually do this sometimes.

Ruffaz, nice fish mate.

#20 smellsfishy

smellsfishy
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

i guess if your making it clear that this fish is noxious and you have a permit them post as many pics as you like.
me well i want to see more pics! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users