AQUA NOVA NCF 1500

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

Hi guys
Anybody got any thoughts on this filter am looking at buying one for a 5 foot set up?
Regards Neil

#2 SynoAngel

SynoAngel
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:14 AM

I have a Aqua Nova 1200, its pretty good in respect to price. With most filters in this price range there is either one set or no taps at all, which is something I found that is required to make life easier when it comes to cleaning them.

Also refer to http://www.perthcich...h...690&start=0

Daniel

#3 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the reply Daniel
Is it possible to add some taps say retic fittings from bunnings before instaling to the tank ? also how long have you had your filter?
Regards Neil

#4 SynoAngel

SynoAngel
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Anything is possible, I've had mine for about 4-6 months now.

#5 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:58 PM

Aqua Nova are good for the money and they do have taps you just pull up the middle lever and it shuts the water flow off to the canister for cleaning

#6 Bogger

Bogger
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

The aqua pro & aqua nova range are almost identical, just as Benckie pointed out the tap arrangement is built into the top of the canister.

Bogger

#7 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

So whats the guts guys?
At around 100 bucks on line are they a good buy or is there anouther one somebody would recomend?
Regards Cobby

PS thanks for all the feadback

#8 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

aqua one has better media and a little bit better built but are a little more expensive a 1200 is around 120 bucks

#9 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

Me again guys

Hey Daniel red the link (had red the link before!) but it just turned into a debate about price ie from your local shop or online realy just wanted some opinoins on the filter or any alternatives on outher brands in the same price range
Thanks again Cobby

#10 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:35 PM

Hi benckie
20 bucks is not a lot more would this 1200 be ok for a 6 foot tank 6x2x2
on my original post i said a 5 foot but decided to go 6 foot got the tank today still sitting on the back of the ute !!!!
Thanks for your opinions Guys keep them coming!
Regards Cobby

#11 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:54 PM

you would need 3 of them atlest

#12 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:20 PM

Just reading the specks on the 1500 says good for 600lt so the 6 foot would be about 700lt would 2 of these units do the job?
Regards cobby

#13 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

a 6x2x2 is 647 (if i rember) litre tank and one 1500 lph canister would filter that just over 2.3 times an hour two would filter it 4.6 times an hour in my opinion not enought but almost i would try for 6 times an hour and mabe i would use one large filter its less hastle looks neater and i never had a canister filter fail on me so ones fine in my opinion if its large enough more filtration the better !

did you get my pm ? how much are the 1500 your getting ?

#14 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

yer just read your pm
Thanks for that mate the 1500 are 99 bucks from
http://www.aquariumproducts.com/will check out what you pm ed me tomorow got to get back to the ruga !!! not looking good !! thanks again mate for your time will get back to you tomorow when i have alook at what you sent me
Thanks Again Cobby

#15 SynoAngel

SynoAngel
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

Cobby,

PCS financial members get 10% discount on purchases there,

http://www.perthcich...h...wpage&pid=2

I personally think 2 cannisters would be more than enough for that tank size. I also like using a smaller internal filter to increase water circulation.

Daniel

#16 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:41 AM

Yer think i might go 2 external filters and a powerhead/internal filter
still looking have a bit of time to decide while i set my tank up
Regards Cobby

#17 EL

EL
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

I've got afew aqua nova 1500. I've been using them for about one year and so far no problems. No dobt it's value for money. One thing you should know if not already mentioned is they don't come complete with filter media. I know it said it comes with complete media. You have to order extra ceramic noodles and filter pads.

The tap is in the awkward area. When you want to clean out the canister you'll have to take out the top bit off instead of just the hoses. If I knew that I would of buy aqua one or something. So it's something for you to think about.

For my 6'x2'x2' I'm using 2 aqua nova 1500 and one internal 2200L/hr filter. They're working great for me. And remember the amount of filtering needed is ulterly depending on the stock level. so it's controversial that you have to filter 4-6 times the volume of water in the tank per/hr. And they are rated for 600L Max tank so It could handle up to 600L tank with min stock level.

Your 6'x2'x2' has a volume of 650L but after putting substrate, rocks, etc. it'll be less than 600L of water.

Regards

EL

#18 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

gonya El
Thanks mate just what i wanted some advice from somebody using the set up i am putting together when you say you need to add more filter material can you be more specific ie what extra would i have to buy? yer it does say comes complete with filter material! i have no problem in getting acti carbon as a company i do work for (mining LAB) uses S**t loads and i can get as much as i need
Thanks again for taking the time to post your advice
Regards Cobby

#19 EL

EL
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

The ceramic noodles that comes with are not really ceramic I think it's concrete rings and it barely fills up a tray so I ordered acouple kg of ceramic noodles and uses them instead. It's a four stage filtration system so I had to buy more coarse filter matting and cut it up to the shape of the trays, some coral pieces to buffer the water. offcourse if you are not keeping high ph or hardwater fish you won't need coral pieces.

It comes with abit of ceramic noodles, one wooly filter material and some act. carbon.

#20 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

Thanks mate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users