Photo

Power Outage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cam85

Cam85
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Well I have just found out that on Wed there is going to be a power outage for a good portion of the day and am a bit worried about my tanks with no power for that long. What are my options?

#2 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

has been answered a few times before, doing a search of this forum is advisable.

click

click

click

#3 Ivan Sng

Ivan Sng
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

This topic is covered so often and often many fish deaths result from being unprepared for power outage and the truth is that power outage will happen. Maybe it should be a part of a page when you sign up to the forum, and maybe the sponsors should encourgage people buying new tanks to buy a battery backed-up air pump.

#4 jarodE

jarodE
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Maybe pin it so newbies like me read before asking. Just an idea smile.gif btw not aimed at you cam85.

Maybe pin it so newbies like me read before asking. Just an idea smile.gif btw not aimed at you cam85.

Sometimes searching means reading thru a load of unrelated posts to find what you are looking for. If it is asked that many times... mind you a search on 'power outage' would probably be more specific to what I've searched for. Just stating search can be a pain in the a** and sometimes its easier to ask smile.gif

#5 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

Asking a question with out searchng the forum for the answer first is a bit silly.
If you wish to ask before searching then dont be supprised or offended by the response you may receive.
You have to remember that knowledgeable people (not myself ) may get sick of answering the same questions week after week.
Do the right thing and search for an answer before asking a question that has been asked a hundred times before.

#6 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

Agreed it's getting quite irritating seeing the same questions asked day in day out usually with all the answers just below in a identical topic only afew days old... If you can't find the answers your looking for on bristlenose by searching it you shouldn't be keeping fish... I know I've seen Bigjohnnofish answer the same questions atleast a hundred times now lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users