Photo

How Often Do You Feed Your Cichlids?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soko

soko
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hi there i was wondering how often i should feed my newly aquired cichlids.The lfs said only once every couple of days but the food suggest twice a day and i have read up several times a day.

#2 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

I usually feed mine once a day.......its not uncommon for me to skip a day here and there but. Food containers will always say feed 3 times per day, that is their way of getting you to use more, the more you use the more you buy.

Ideally fish should be feed very very small amounts twice a day, this can be hard to monitor though because everyones idea of how much food to feed varies greatly. It comes down to routine basically, get into a once a day/every second day routine and you should have no issues.

#3 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

I'm the same, once a day occasionally missing one. With fry/juvies I feed small amount anywhere from two - four times a day.

Daz

#4 69olds

69olds
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:31 AM

once a day works for me too i did try the 3-5 times a day for fast growth but it is hard to make one feed into 3-5 and i found that i was overfeeding so back to the staple once a day and forget one every so often

#5 soko

soko
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

thanks guys i think because they are so small at the moment i will feed them a small amount twice a day then slow down once they grow a little.

#6 cichlid4lyf

cichlid4lyf
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

i them once in the morning with sera flora flake and small amount of spectrom.
and once at night with brine shrimp or dried sea weed (the stuff you use for sushi). i just hang a small amount of some fishing wire with a clothes clip on the end.

phillip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users