Complete Tank Setup Cost

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DavidK

DavidK
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Hi all, 

I am thinking of selling a setup of mine, but have little to no idea of sale price. So any help would be great appreciated. 

What I have to sell:

5x3x2 tank - the bottom has had part of it patched up, but is holding water just fine (I realise it's not worth much)

3D Background

Metal stand to accommodate

FX6 

2x LED lights, that I can't seem to find the brand, but are pretty strong (will upload photos later)

Cabinet - has soft closing front doors (Oooo Ahhhhhh) and has storage on one side and the other side hides all the filter hoses. 

Photo is below (I have since sold most of the plants):

DSC_0257_zpswidixemk.jpg

Thank you for all your help in advance!

#2 Rodders02

Rodders02
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:25 AM

I'd be interested, but not sure on price

#3 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Unsure neither, most people will offer you stuff all these days (its quite an offence in some instances), yet some people buy things that present well for decent money.

I scored a 7x2.5 tank and stand for 300 bucks, yet seen and heard of 4x2s decked out go for close on a grand.

Check forums, gum tree and facebook pages to see what similar things are selling for.

I'll have a punt first, and say 1k would be a good price both seller and not bad value to a buyer IMO, if someone was offering me the cash.

Its a really nice piece and you seem to have invested the money and time in it, shame to here you want to part it out (should just get a pair of rays for it - would just fit :D )

did you end up selling the senagel bichir?

#4 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

I would say 800 max as the tank has been patched the biggest selling point is that beast of a filter not cheap to buy

#5 dave1

dave1
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Edited by dave1, 18 May 2017 - 08:07 PM.

#6 DavidK

DavidK
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

7x2.5 for 300... that's not bad at all! 

Yeah, I'm just asking because I'm not wanting to ask for a price that seems crazy, but at the same time, I have put the time into this tank and I think despite the tank being second hand, it can still be a great display. If I do decide to sell, I'll want people to view it with it filled so they can truly appreciate it. 

I would get rays, but at the moment I wouldn't have the time. I would like to take some time to prepare a proper aquascape. Yeah I sold the bichir  :( I have so many photos, I'll see if I can find one, I swear he is smiling haha. 

I understand the patch (which is at the bottom) would depreciate the value, but I think when you cover with substrate it still looks like a great display. But yes at the moment I'm thinking about around $800. Still open to thoughts though!

#7 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

If the tank and good equipment is in good condition and relatively new. Then I would say that 40-50% of the purchase cost would be fair. 

I can appreciate that you put a lot of time into the aquarium, but that is time spent due to a love of the hobby and not time spend to be paid. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users