The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society is on Tuesday, December 1st, 2015.
The Keeping of Shrimp.
Enjoy watching shrimp in your aquarium? Want to learn more about the different species you may have? Maybe you want the finer details on the specific hardware used to keep your shrimp alive and well. Want them to breed and expand your colony? Then don't miss this next PCS meeting. Shrimp expert "Barry" will deliver a fascinating talk on shrimp husbandry and follow-up with a Q&A session to answer all your shrimp conundrums.
This month's topic is The Keeping of Shrimp.
Keeping your shrimp colony is now going to be easier with this great talk from a local shrimp expert. He will show you the techniques used to improve your shrimp tanks into blossoming colonies and keeping them nice an healthy. "Barry" will also show us the different grading systems used to assess the quality of your shrimp at home and around the world. Ask all your shrimp questions at the end of this talk in our Shrimp Keeping Q&A session. Don't miss out!
Topics include -
- Keeping of Shrimp
- Specific Hardware used for Shrimp Husbandry.
- Managing Water Quality for Shrimp.
- Different Species - Cherries, Crystal, Taiwan bees, Natives. Different types in each species.
- Quality and grading of Shrimp.
- Breeding Shrimp.
Come on down to the South Perth PCS Meeting and enjoy a great night of Shrimp Keeping tips and tricks to make your life easier and save some heartache.
We will be having a bumper raffle so come and get some tickets and win prizes. Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
In the kitchen we will have some food and drinks available for you. Come grab a serve. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
In addition to which we also have:
- PCS tasty Food! Coffee and cool drinks also available.
- The PCS library, with hundreds of books, DVD's and magazines available for loan to members.
- The cichlid and catfish PCS Show Table, where you can participate and/or view some of the prized fish of fellow members. Every entrant wins a prize!
- Some cool PCS merchandise items up for sale!
- Photo Comp winners for the month will be announced and prizes handed out.
- The sponsors raffle table, where you can win some fantastic prizes!
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, December 1st.
Doors open at 7:30pm and Meeting starts 8:00pm at the Rotary Hall, Sandgate St, South Perth