Photo

Tough Brittlenose

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slippy

slippy
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

i was moving fish around the other day and i have a built in sump filter in my 6ft and i woke up yesturday afternoon and found 1 dryed up yellow and a dryed up bn (my water level was a little low so so the wool wasnt getting much water if any it was all below it in the bio ballz.)
any who i got the Eletric yellow and grabed the BN and he moved im like WHA! so straght into the tank he whent and made a full recovery.
i was astonished! so many hours out of water sitting in dry wool..
yeh somehow he got over the gutter mesh and the top of the tank....... still don't know how but they did.
hes defentaly a keeper and a fighter.

well thats me story happy.gif

thx for reading

#2 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

it's amazing ey, i had a similar thing happen about 8 monthts ago. I have a filter in the top of one of my tanks and one day when i was doing a water change i pulled the filter box out for cleaning got to the section with the ceramic noodles and there was a b/n in there inperfect health (as far as i could tell) in that compartment, no idea how long it was in there but i put it back into the tank and its still living to date.

also was helping a mate with his tank and we pulled out a castle ornament, checked it for b/n's and couldn't see any so we put the castle in his sink and came back about an hour later and the there was a b/n on the metal drain rim living in a small ring of water that didn't half submerse the b/n.

tought little guys

#3 4x4xfar

4x4xfar
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

I have a pretty cool Tough Guy Story but it isnt to do with a BN It's to do with an Albino Corydoras I used to own years ago.

The Plastic Guard that covers the Inlet to the External Canister Filter had come off inside the tank, unsure how but my Corydoras had been sucked into it head first blocking the inlet.
I dont know how long he was there but when I discovered him I quickly turned off the filter and pulled the poor bugger out. Amazingly he was alive, I wish I had a camera to take a photo of this but, all the blood had rushed to the corys head from the suction and he was now half red, half white! I thought he was a goner, but, he made a full recovery although he had a Red Face for a few days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users