Photo

New Filter!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

Oops rigger sorry that isn't my tank but I know where to get the role so I can almost copy it!

#22 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

All good mate, I like the look of what you're going for, it would great with a bunch of small schooling fish

#23 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

Cyprichromis school aye!

#24 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

For sure!!

#25 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

Would an aqua one nautilus 2700 l/ph canister go well? I found its the same price as the eheim and flu am but does twice the amount of filtration the eheim and fluval were around 1000 so almost triple!

#26 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

My dad would rather a German made filter (eheim)over a Chinese made filter (Aqua one) so if the Aqua one almost triples the filtration for only $10 more than the eheim is it worth it, are Aqua one as good as eheim?

#27 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Both made in China make your own choice

#28 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

talking cannisters - bought astro 2212 from aquotix when they first came out... never had a problem with it...maintainence is a breeze - so easy to use - has a fill up bung on top of the cannister for super easy fill up so no bleeding hoses and cannister to get the air out... quiet and does its job... talking to olley at aquotix and he says hes sold heaps and heaps of them and none have come back... which leads you to believe they havent broken down and failed yet... cheap as chips too compared to other name brands... 

only prob i had was the joiners supplied are such a tight fit when putting spray bar together... but have been advised since to just cut a small part off the hoses provided and use that.... 

overall cant fault it for the price.... 

#29 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

What do you guys think of one of these they are the same price as the eheim but almost triple the filtration, they look heavy duty and quite tough!

#30 Leigh

Leigh
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

talking cannisters - bought astro 2212 from aquotix when they first came out... never had a problem with it...maintainence is a breeze - so easy to use - has a fill up bung on top of the cannister for super easy fill up so no bleeding hoses and cannister to get the air out... quiet and does its job... talking to olley at aquotix and he says hes sold heaps and heaps of them and none have come back... which leads you to believe they havent broken down and failed yet... cheap as chips too compared to other name brands... 

only prob i had was the joiners supplied are such a tight fit when putting spray bar together... but have been advised since to just cut a small part off the hoses provided and use that.... 

overall cant fault it for the price.... 

This is exactly right.....got the 2212 also. Thing is bullet proof. Cheap spares, great flow (even with media in), minimal power consumption, easy maintenance, and local support from LFS is something goes wrong.

You get Ehiem performance at Aqua One price.

#31 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Lex, If you are going for an expensive filter, go for Eheim... Aqua one is not worth the money in my opinion. We see more of them coming back with broken parts than anything else. <br />Androo had an aqua one cf-2400 for only 18 months and then the motor decided to die for no reason.

#32 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:56 AM

I just want a super filter like the Aqua one 2700l/ph but are they really that bad? The one in the video seems like a monster! Are you sure they are crap? I want to turn the tank over around 10 times per hour it's about 265L!
And I don't want to buy two Astros!

#33 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

I just want a super filter like the Aqua one 2700l/ph but are they really that bad? The one in the video seems like a monster! Are you sure they are crap? I want to turn the tank over around 10 times per hour it's about 265L!

get the Astro they are awesome filters!!!! Better than Aqua one

#34 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

2 filters are better than one and if you choose the right type you can often get more flow rate, more media volume for less or similar price with less power consumption, than one big massive mother f...er.

#35 fuggers

fuggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

2 filters are better than one and if you choose the right type you can often get more flow rate, more media volume for less or similar price with less power consumption, than one big massive mother f...er.

....and a spare if one crashes or leaks

#36 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:23 PM

plus when you clean one the other is still running fine in case you over clean the filter

#37 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:00 AM

just a word of warning 10 times tank volume turnover per hour is totally unproductive... all the pros that have been around for years and years will tell you to aim for 2-3 times total tank volume turnover per hour...  if you do the calculations and aim for 3 times turnover you'll prob end up with something from 2.5 - 3 times turnover... 

you get the best conversion of ammonia/nitrite from your tank at this rate...

i would personally run 2 astro cannisters on your tank and they would still be cheaper than one big ass name brand cannister...  and gives you some margin of safety if 1 filter dies your cactus... but if you have 2 and 1 dies the other will prevent a major catastrophy and give you time to sort the other cannister.... 

#38 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:08 PM

I might get 2 as2210 astro's they are around 1300l/ph, is that good? or the 700l/ph? each? Cheers!

#39 fuggers

fuggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

I might get 2 as2210 astro's they are around 1300l/ph, is that good? or the 700l/ph? each? Cheers!

join up as a paid member, buy at a sponsor and get 10% off :P

#40 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

Look on gumtree first some great. Finds there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users