Silver Arowana In Wa

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 firefish

firefish
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hi guys
I am wondering about the silver Arowana...

Is it on the banned fish importation lists?
are they restricted in WA or australia?
Where is the best place to find these fishies (at a reasonable price)?
Does anyone do any deals with these fish?

Hopefully some one can give me a hand with my queries...
Thank you

#2 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (firefish @ Jun 3 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys
I am wondering about the silver Arowana...

Is it on the banned fish importation lists?
are they restricted in WA or australia?
Where is the best place to find these fishies (at a reasonable price)?
Does anyone do any deals with these fish?

Hopefully some one can give me a hand with my queries...
Thank you

I'm not familiar with the fish, but i've "seen" posts about them being on sale on this forum and also a couple of LFS have had them for sale as well.

Hope that answers "some" of your questions! smile.gif

#3 viid

viid
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

Had two for a while. The last one jumped out the back of a gap in my coverglass. They're perfectly legal in WA. Most people get them from over-east for 200-350ea but there was one for sale from someone in the Bullcreek/Leeming area a few weeks back for $370 i think. If you get one from another forum over-east make sure you do a thorough search of the buyer/seller feedbacks because there are some dodgey ones out there. Azza on plecofanatics.com is one to avoid.

#4 Tucunare

Tucunare
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

alot of this years had bent spines, so watch for that, i had 12 good ones but i heard that alot that came over were dodgy. theres a few breeders in QLD now i belive and a guy from Aqis told me that as long as your not importing them from overseas to australia then theres no restriction in WA. i think there considered noxious in a few states so just check that out if your thinking of selling it on later down the track. AAA has a few left i think or as VIID said just check out the forums (probably not worth just getting one sent from the east though, freight would kill the price).
there great fish so good luck finding one

#5 Johny

Johny
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

if you want some cheap silver aros contact azza from plecofanatics he has them at 260 each and viid why should you avoid him?....he has only good reputation and heaps of people bought from him and they all had positive feedback.

#6 jack

jack
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

im pretty sure he has screwed a few people over, in wa john

#7 viid

viid
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (jack @ Jun 4 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im pretty sure he has screwed a few people over, in wa john

yer 2fast-2furious being one and there is another i cant remember his name. One of the two i ordered arrived dead and his protocol is to give me a $10 discount on the next one.... i personally wouldnt go there again.

#8 2FasT-2FuriouS

2FasT-2FuriouS
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Johny @ Jun 4 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you want some cheap silver aros contact azza from plecofanatics he has them at 260 each and viid why should you avoid him?....he has only good reputation and heaps of people bought from him and they all had positive feedback.

i take it that u never dealt with him b4, i sugest u do a bit of research b4 u start recommending people u never met or dealt with as it may come back and bite in the end. He is a low life SOB and has no moral jus like some of his frens...U KNOW WHO U R. He sells all the good and healthy fish in his own state but when it comes to shipping interstate, its always deformed and unhealthy fish. Its people like him that gives online sellers a bad name.

#9 viid

viid
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (2FasT-2FuriouS @ Jun 4 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i take it that u never dealt with him b4, i sugest u do a bit of research b4 u start recommending people u never met or dealt with as it may come back and bite in the end. He is a low life SOB and has no moral jus like some of his frens...U KNOW WHO U R. He sells all the good and healthy fish in his own state but when it comes to shipping interstate, its always deformed and unhealthy fish. Its people like him that gives online sellers a bad name.

i suspected thats wat he did

#10 Johny

Johny
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

wow....i thought he was a trusted seller from all his feedback......guess i wont buy anything from him if he messes people around from interstate...thanks for letting me know hes not trusted!

#11 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

There is a few dishonourable people out there dealing in exotics from east coast, you have to be careful, I dont want to name names but the ones that owe me money know who they are, I dont carry any hate or anger towards them, you can only scam so many people before you find yourself stuck in a really bad corner with only one way to go, and thats downwards! biggrin.gif one can only hope they right their wrongs before Karma meets up with them!

#12 muscle-man

muscle-man
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

Hi all,

Just a word of advice to everyone out there that is trying to get fish over the eastern state and bringing it over.

1) When you buy off them, they usually dont have the fish in hand. Most of them are the middle man.

2) If they promise to send to you "guarantee alive-on-arrival OR money back"...do not believe this.
The problem is that the middle man dont send you the fish, its the supplier of the middle man.
If the fish comes to Perth DEAD (stay in the bag for too over night for too long or they have sent it under the AAE normal freights and not the live animal consigment number) due to mis-communication between the supplier and the middle man. Then they will not give you your money back! They will tell you that they will give you a discount on your next buy!
You can send them the photo of the fish dead at the airport in the bag and even with a knife through the fish, the middleman will not refund you your money! They will lie and make up excuses so that they wont return you your money.
My advice is always record all phone conversation, make sure they state their identity. So if there is anything wrong you can always keep it for record!

The problem that Perth buyer have is that:
-they cant see the fish
-they have to rely on trust
-if the seller can always send you a different fish to the photo
-If they say that the fish is 20cm...it would probably be 15cm or less

At the end of the day, just becareful!

MM

ps: Sorry i have gone off topic...

#13 2FasT-2FuriouS

2FasT-2FuriouS
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

SPOT ON MM.

All u newbie’s out there read this very careful and remember them as they r very useful, and don’t be afraid to NAME and SHAME them even if they threaten or try to use big brother tactics on you, jus as "me and my so called friends aka suppliers wont sell you fish anymore or my friends will bag u online if u do” cos at the end of the day the truth will soon come out.

It’s people like this that puts people of the hobby, its a shame how low some of these people can go but at then end of the day “arrange karma” will always catch up to them.

2F-2F

btw another person to watch out for is phillip888 who is on plecofanatics, he is also a friend of AZZA

#14 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Johny @ Jun 4 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was one that had been stung by this guy selling me a deformed fish, stay away from him cause once he does you over theres not much you can do about it.
Heres a thread i posted about my unfortunate dealings with him.
http://www.plecofana...ead.php?t=51205

A pm from this guy I cut and pasted and modified from pf's

AZZA
d**khead i have won cause i have your money & you have s**t fish dumb ass p**f i bet you are one of those asian little p***ter with a small d**k on your head w****r

Is this a guy you'd wanna deal with?

#15 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Johny @ Jun 5 2008, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow....i thought he was a trusted seller from all his feedback......guess i wont buy anything from him if he messes people around from interstate...thanks for letting me know hes not trusted!

He has 3 bad comments in the last 6 months all coming from Perth. I reckon the new good comments are to try and fix his damaged reputation.

#16 TWiST

TWiST
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

why doesnt anyone fly over there and mess him(them) up a bit then if i got screwed over by someone i wouldnt let it slide

#17 Johny

Johny
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

ok guess ill have to look for a silver aro from someone else.....thnx for letting me know he scxrew people around here in perth

#18 firefish

firefish
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

hi there guys
well thanks for the heads up!! Will beware! apart from the bashing up of the poor AZZA (lol)
was there any other knowledge of importing agents in perth or other arowana sellers of quality??
thank you

#19 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (TWiST @ Jun 6 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why doesnt anyone fly over there and mess him(them) up a bit then if i got screwed over by someone i wouldnt let it slide

hehe Twist.. the air plane ticket will be worth more than the fish! tongue.gif

#20 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

by the sounds of things not really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users