Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

Peacock Bass In With Mangrove Jack And Barra?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

ofcoarse he will say that he wants to sell fish?

I find that comment insulting, your lack of experience shows by the silly and empty comments you write.

Did you consider whats the chance of him choosing to keep the jack over the bass after taking my advice not to mix them? because the fact is I wouldnt sell him the fish if he plans to put a jack with them, I dont want to see fish die or him waste his money.

Im offering my advice based on my experience, I have quite a few years experience at "successfully" keeping and raising pbass, and Ive done my best to share it, my article on keeping, breeding and raising bass is in the cichlid section.

Some sturgeons grow to 12 feet, you gonna keep a 2inch baby in an olympic sized pool? you might have trouble finding it to feed it!

Cheers
Den

Edited by Den, 01 March 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#62 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

With my experance as much as i would love to keep jacks with any thing i believe they are only suited to there own kind they are very agressive and they can grow to quite big numbers.

I have seen theses take shots at ells and sharks they are a very agressive creature and will surley stress the bass out rember as much as peacocks are agressive feeders they are in general a placid fish unless stressed,and jacks will go all day and night with there agressive behaviour.

i would be keeping p.bass with like minded fish from the same area not mix and matching australian and cichlids just my 2 cents

Food for thought here on your tank size a 4 cm bass will hit 12 cm in the first 12 months as a min and as much as 20 cm in 16 months they poo a lot and have very messey eating habbits they stir the carp out of the tank as well with mine i clean the bottom every second day and get the scraps out staraight away in my view you he will need a large sump filter to do this experment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users