Photo

Advice Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kc_read

kc_read
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

First of all hi all, just joined and have been skimming over.

I recently started setting up a reef tank haven't decided what exactly but thats not my issue right now.

Firstly I've set up a durso but i can't seem to get the siphon right. Either there is too much bubbles or the flow won't keep up with the pump I'll upload some photos when I get home.

Secondly what are people's opinions on the live rock from gosnell's aquariums I ask because I don't know what to look for and he does 20kg for fairly cheap.

Thanks

#2 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

I don't know what a durso is so I can't help you there but in regards to live rock I think you get what you pay for.
I bit the bullet and got the premium stuff from Ocean Reefs in Wangara and it truely was live rock and came teaming with life and covered in coralline which is important to establishing a quality reef.

With mine came a ton of invertebrates and corals attached to the rock and I am totally satisfied with the purchase.

#3 kc_read

kc_read
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

If that picture works thats a durso, it's the way i set up the overflow.

Out of interest how much did you pay per kg? I may even go the way of buying a couple of nice display pieces the getting the rest as dry rock. I'm needing 20kgs from what I've been suggested. I'm more inclined to save money but my parted just wants to drop $3-400 on the whole lot so it can be up and running soonerAttached File  2014-10-13 12.45.28.jpg   94.21KB   4 downloads

Edited by kc_read, 13 October 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#4 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

Blakeys live rock looks really nice, That is something I do wish I spent a little more on. Mine seems desolate in comparison. Can't remeber how much I paid though.

You want to save money and you're doing Marine? Not sure that is gonna happen...

#5 kc_read

kc_read
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

My issue isn't cost I just believe in shopping around if it comes to it I'll buy the 20+ kgs at $16 odd per kg if thats a far superior product. But from my understanding as long as there is some decent seed rock dry base rock can come good. I enjoy watching things transform over time so thats why I want to try the dry rock idea. As it stands I'm not even ready for aquascaping just putting out the feelers. I've had a look at avid aquaria aswell and they seem to be willing to do a deal on rock if it's in bulk

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users