Greetings From Baldivis <--- Just Got Into Betta

betta siamese fighting fish Baldivis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leonardtan

leonardtan
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:55 PM

Hello hello, 2 weeks ago, I've seen a betta on facebook, and now I'm starting my betta tank. Any betta owner here?

#2 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:31 PM

Hi Leonard,

Welcome to the PCS Forum. I have owned Betta's in the past, few different varieties too. I have 2 female betta splendens in a planted tank at the moment. My kid named them darren (blue one) and chloe (red one). One common misconception about "fighter fish" is that they will be happy in an  unheated tank. Give them a tank with a filter, heater, light, and live plants and they really thrive. I prefer female bettas myself, as I think they go better in a small community tank. 

#3 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

We currently have a 70l hexagon tank with 5 females and 1 male, its heated and filtered. Get the tank planted up, they love it! We just have myriophyllum something or other, ambulia and watersprite, and they sit on it occasionally. They can be nippy, they killed the first mystery snails to go in, but are now fine with them. This sounds abit like siamese fighter care haha. Welcome to the forum, glad to see another betta enthusiast

#4 Bailey

Bailey
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

Hello and welcome leonard
At the moment I only have 1 female betta but have kept many betas in the past and they are really wonderful and enjoyable fish. I used to have one that would jump out of the water to eat food off of your finger and another that jumped up to eat ants on the side of the tank. Don't keep your betta in a tiny tank. Its cruel. Keep it in something at least 20-30L. They had some really nice female fighters at avid aquaria when I went there on the weekend (I would of got one but I'm saving my money for Malawis for my new tank). Enjoy your new fish!!!

#5 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

Dont forget to show us a picture of your pride n joy Leonardtan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: betta, siamese fighting fish, Baldivis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users