Photo

Opinions on 'Geo liquid'

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:08 AM

Hey I was just wondering what everyones opinions are on Geo Liquid. I have asked on cichlid-forum but no-one there has heard of it since it is unavailable in America...

I purchased some with store credit a about a month ago (didn't wanna use real money on it in case it was dodgy) and it seams to be working ok, but I don't really know much about this. All I know is my fish are still alive tongue.gif

The stuff it claims to do in the manual is crazy!

Anyways when it runs out I wanna know whether I should get some more, or go back to Prime.

(heres a link to their web site: www.geo-flex.com)

#2 UncleGuts

UncleGuts
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:46 AM

Hey

Excuse my ignorance, but what is Geo Liquid, and Prime?

Justin

#3 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:08 AM

I really like geoliquid...it adds trace elements to the water. It is expensive though and I only use it occassionally because of that fact. I had some fish that wouldn't stop scratching....I tried everything, then added geoliquid and they stopped. So I think it's ok;)

merjo

#4 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:08 AM

They are both products used for conditioning tap water.

#5 UncleGuts

UncleGuts
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:11 AM

Yep yep, I just read the web site you posted.

Far out man, if one liquid does all that, and if its accurate, why use anything else...

I wonder if you can get it bulk, hehe.

Justin

#6 chuckmeister

chuckmeister
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:51 AM

All Geo liquid does in my tank is cloud and clear. Its a waist of money IMO. If your water is clean and has the correct hardness and ph then these extra additives are nothing but a gimmick. If your water doesn't have the correct water parameters then your better off using seachem salts and buffers for the required effect.

Edited by: chuckmeister at: 4/16/04 11:54 pm

#7 UncleGuts

UncleGuts
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:29 AM

Hmm

If its a gimmick, then maybe a bit of an experiment with the stuff is in order. Nothing pisses me of more than being shafted.

Making bullshit water shouldnt be a problem. Testing all of their claims is just a matter of elimination and if it does what its supposed to then all well and good. If not, maybe a boycott is in order.

Seriously though, if the stuff were that good, surely more people on the forum would be recommending it. I hope it stands up, because until a newbie (like myself) learns the tricks of the trade it could save a lot of heart ache with nice fish.

Justin

#8 chuckmeister

chuckmeister
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:38 AM

Happy spending :b

#9 Barca888

Barca888
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 April 2004 - 11:30 AM

If it aint broke dont fix it. Unless you yourself want to be broke. When i feel like emptying the wallet i shall try this on one of my tanks.

#10 UncleGuts

UncleGuts
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:59 PM

How much is the stuff to buy here anyways? ;)

Maybe I can swindle some from someone at Uni... :lol

J!

#11 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:28 PM

I think it was about $20 a bottle or something, I've only been using it on my 3' tank and its been lasting a while so it ain't that expensive. Probably be much worse if you're using it on a large tank though.

#12 Synadontis Angelicus

Synadontis Angelicus
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:54 AM

$10 at age of aquariums, cheapeast around.

I prefer to use nothing else, i just feel safe using one type of conditioner instead of using multiple liquids for different purposes. And well my fish just love it, seem happier with it than other conditioners i have tried

#13 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:11 AM

yeh $10 a bottle doen't see too pricey to me...

#14 phatoscarlover

phatoscarlover
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

Hey guys i used it for a fair while and eventually gave up on it, Im a mod on the Boronia aquarium forums in melbourne and a Sales Rep from Geo Liquid came onto the forums a while ago and tried to explain how it worked chemically, what he said sort of made sense to me but someone who was in the "know" about chemicals wrote an amzing post on why it was flawed. That post has scince disapeared and i dunno why or who removed it. IMO it makes the water look clearer and i might use it for a photo shoot but there are much better dechlorinator/conditioners around.HTH Cheers Andy

#15 Desty01

Desty01
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:02 PM

Or you could alternatively use a product called "Easy Life" which is essentially the same as GEOliquid but far cheaper.

I find it works very well for conditioning new water and clearing cloudiness...

Each to their own I guess...

#16 oo fish styx oo

oo fish styx oo
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:14 PM

I've only ever heard good things about Geo-Liquid. I tend to be of the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought, but I do know people that have used it in tanks where there were problems with their fish and swear by it.

#17 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:31 PM

I never relied on it as a dechlorinator....but it did add useful trace elements.

merjo

#18 Barca888

Barca888
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:02 AM

Well i may aswell try it on my new tank setup for some largish americans (oscars, GT, blackbelt). However which one would i get? The one for tropical fish seems to be my best bet? Is this correct?

Thanks Peter

#19 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:44 AM

I think the one for Americans is the Flowerhorn type?

From the website:
"GEO LIQUID for FLOWER HORN is the best version of GEO LIQUID for any of the various Flower Horn hybrids, and also for American Cichlids."

:nsg flower horns:nsg

#20 phatoscarlover

phatoscarlover
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:28 PM

that right Flowerhorns :nsg :nsg !!! I use the tropical one for my americans but yeah by the sound of it the flowerhorn :nsg one could be the way to go..... Cheers Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users