#1 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

AlgaeMax & Algae/Gel

Variety for a Balanced Diet.

aglage-mix.jpg
AlgaeMAX and Algae/ Gel use a wide range of aquatic vegetation, including Chlorella, Algae, Spirulina, Ulva and Wakame Seaweed and more (see graphic). Most herbivore diets just use a single source of seaweed, like kelp. The problem? No one ingredient alone has all the nutrition needed for healthy herbivores. Your aquarium needs veggies in a variety of colours and sources that mimics the plant diversity in their natural diets. In fact, too much kelp can cause digestive problems for fish. Spectrum is the complete herbivore nutrition solution.

New Pellet Forming Processes.
A no-compromise formula, AlgaeMAX takes advantage of new pellet forming processes that let us include more algae and seaweed, while keeping a greater amount of secondary ingredients like whole Antarctic Krill, vitamins and trace elements. Even aquatic herbivores benefit from some invertebrates and proteins since it mimics foraging in their natural habitats.

High-Quality Ingredients.
In many so-called “herbivore” foods, a generic fish meal is the first ingredient followed by cereals. Green dye is often used to make it look rich in vegetable matter. Both AlgaeMAX and Algae/Gel have a variety mix of high-grade algae and seaweeds and alfalfa as the main ingredients, top quality marine proteins and the New Life Spectrum nutrition formula.

There is simply no comparison.
AlgaeMAX and Algae/Gel include a staggering 9 varieties of aquatic vegetation – because no one ingredient alone has all the nutrition needed for healthy herbivores.

9 Varieties of Aquatic Vegetation

Algae_1.jpgAlgae_2.jpgAlgae_3.jpg Algae_4.jpg Algae_5.jpg Algae_6.jpg Algae_7.jpg Algae_8.jpg Algae_9.jpg

Check out the VIDEO.

logo-small.pngImported by Kappina Pty Ltd 
Distributed in Australia by Arnhem Pet Products Pty Ltd 
© 2015  Privacy policy
footer-phone.png+61 (0) 477 508 196

#2 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

Great food for any herbivore , Tropheus, Malawi mbuna, Tetras and even algae eating shrimps!!

#3 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

They look good, do they come in anything like a wafer for catfish? Or maybe a sinking pellet?

#4 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

The AlgaeMax is a sinking pellet.

Once you mix up the Gel it also sinks and you can mold it around rocks for grazing.

#5 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

I was looking at our Red bishops today thinking they are mighty orange... Is there a colour enhancer for vegetarians?

#6 humbug

humbug
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

I'm a huge fan of the NLS Algae-Gel and Nutri-Gel.  I don't use either as a staple, but if you need a vehicle to administer medication to your fish, this is it!!!! 

In my experience with Malawi and Tanganyikan cichlids, every fish I've tried it on has found it very palatable.  Even poorly fish which can't be encouraged to eat other foods can be tempted to take the gel.  By mixing your medication into the powder before making it up into a gel, you can be confident that the meds are actually getting into the fish, rather than just washing off of med soaked flake or pellets.

#7 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

It also comes in a 12mm round wafer disc, excellent food. The standard NLS cichlid formula combined with the NLS Algaemax i've found to be a great combination, i've used the Spectrum food for about 12 years now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users