Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

malawiman85's Content

There have been 11 items by malawiman85 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#367936 Wtb: Java Fern And Driftwood

Posted by malawiman85 on 13 October 2021 - 01:44 PM in Classifieds

Hi All,

Anyone in Geraldton got any Java Fern and or driftwood for sale?

#367922 New Tank Journal

Posted by malawiman85 on 07 July 2021 - 07:41 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

I miss tank journals and some of the stuff that used to go on here. A real shame that the brains trust decided Facebook was a better option… might be more traffic but if it’s just crap like EY and mixed peacock IDs for the Gumnuts then what’s the point?

Rant over…. For now.

That is a nice tank. I wish I could make a tank look that good :-(
Cardinals and harlequins look great in big numbers.

#367913 Gday Moving To Perth

Posted by malawiman85 on 22 May 2021 - 03:30 PM in Introduce Yourself !

Hi,

WA have a noxious species list you can find it on the following page:

https://www.fish.wa.gov.au/Sustainability-and-Environment/Aquatic-Biosecurity/Translocations-Moving-Live-Fish/Pages/Noxious-Banned-Fish.aspx 

Qantas and others can fly boxed fish for you. Obviously they need to be packed appropriatly. Airlines have been a bit weird about flying pets since COVID... I dont really get the reasoning...

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-info/baggage/travelling-with-pets.html 

Anything that you plan on bringing over must be inspected by quarantine officers upon arrival and prior to leaving Perth Airport. This is easy... Just call them up and let them know when your fish will be landing in Perth... They may or may not ask for flight numbers. It costs about $60.... Link below should tell you what you need to know.

https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/importing-animals/importing-domestic-birds-and-fish 

Hope that helps.

#367905 Pseudomugil Sp. In Full Marine?

Posted by malawiman85 on 24 April 2021 - 05:57 PM in ANGFA WA

Saw a butis in a reef tank a couple of years ago, belonged to another forum member.

#367903 Pseudomugil Sp. In Full Marine?

Posted by malawiman85 on 22 April 2021 - 08:53 PM in ANGFA WA

Probably ok if you acclimate them carefully... who knows? like anything aquatic, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Personally I don’t think they would add any value to a reef tank and are another nitrate source (small though it might be).

#367900 Pseudomugil Sp. In Full Marine?

Posted by malawiman85 on 20 April 2021 - 03:42 PM in ANGFA WA

Yep these guys are euryhaline, believed to be unnecessarily diadromous.

Found in estuaries and mangroves along pretty much the whole east coast... Their preference is definitely on the fresher side though.

#367880 Wtb: Murray Cod

Posted by malawiman85 on 21 February 2021 - 08:36 AM in Classifieds

Thanks. Didn’t even know they were a thing. Looks like a good setup.

#367877 Wtb: Murray Cod

Posted by malawiman85 on 19 February 2021 - 01:31 PM in Classifieds

A friend of mine is looking for a cod. Please PM me if you have anything or if you have any leads... Happy to pick up. I'll be in Perth this weekend.

#367868 Native Threatened And Endangered Fish Breeding

Posted by malawiman85 on 26 January 2021 - 10:23 PM in Articles

Yep Translocation and Aquaculture permits would be required.
Would be tough to get the ok to release back into wild too with the risk of introducing disease.
The main reasons for endangerment of species is environmental. Releasing more won’t fix their environment.
Lastly, there have previously been efforts made to breed salamanderfish in captivity with no luck.

#367823 Converted Red Sea Max 130

Posted by malawiman85 on 19 November 2020 - 02:56 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Nice harlequins or and or a big bunch of cardinals would be hard to beat even though theyre super common.
Tank looks really good.

#367814 Converted Red Sea Max 130

Posted by malawiman85 on 07 November 2020 - 09:38 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Glut/excel will utterly ruin Val in particular. A couple of Double or triple doses of excel works for me though. Harmless to fish and almost all other plants.