Photo

Cars

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Probably been done, but who here is into cars and what ya got??
Went to the All Ford Cruise meet point this morn then headed off to the Nostalgia Drags with my toy.
Seen waxy and his toy there too.....

Anyone else??

My car is 68 xt falcon 500 with mild worked 351 etc etc..... biggrin.gif
and my rad 98 lancer run about HAHA
ill try post pic, still have troubles....

Jules

#2 Evil_Boof

Evil_Boof
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

nice! The falcon 500 is a nice car!

i have a vx commodore s pac with a flame job and hsv gto bodykit with a 6k stereo

also about 1 quarter of the way through building a 34 chev roadster

#3 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

i have an 2006 audi a4 b7, not great but not too bad for my first car smile.gif

#4 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm into cars.

I get into one everytime I need to drive somewhere.
Then get back into one everytime I need to return home. laugh.gif

#5 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

At the moment just got the missus WRX with a couple mods but once I get my shed built will be looking around for a 69 ford Capri to put on the chopping block already have a blown 351 sitting at the old boys ready to go along with 9 inch diff and a heap of gt running gear... But if that falls through always got my inheritance lol

#6 waxy

waxy
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Good to see a bit of old tin at the all ford day sunday. You have good taste in cars Jules
Anything with a steel bumper is what I like, and if its a ford even better.

#7 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

hey guys ive had a few mint jobbies turbo rotors etc have run a best of 9.66 134 mph

but im building stage two of my rn90 hilux first go was a mild 304 t700 but now im building for super sedan

its got and geting a 4 bolt vortec block bridix alloy heads 200cc runners howards gold series rollers etc turbp 350 running a modded hilux rear got autometer guages sass seats and geting a paint job started this week

nostaliga drags were ok for wa actully there was some good cars rolling around but the wisd one was off chops it was a great event
its good to see the new motorplex managment doing goos things the first event on saturday night was mint

#8 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

My current daily and occasional track car. Handles great but lacks torque.

Looking at buying either a RX7 Series 6 or S15 shortly to use as a weekend racer and maybe as a show car too. If anyone knows of any for sale me know!

#9 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Im a rotor head tru and tru i also have hidden away for a rainy day a mazda presto mmm 10 points who knows what that is lol

but my advise is stay away from turbo rotors as track cars they are a greta platform but there is next to no spare fd engines laying around and you will pop one or two or three

on the other hand a s15 would make a great buy pleanty of engines heaps of cheep suspension bits etc

#10 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hey Ruffaz

Will take on your advice. When u say pop one or 2 engines do you mean to the point were they can't be rebuilt? I see a lot of FD owners rebuilding their engines well under 100,000kms.

#11 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

I drive a dodge avenger. It's horrible but gets me from A to B

Once I'm making a bit of money I wouldn't mind getting a BMW Z4.

#12 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

well its a double edge soward.

The greatness of the rotor is its siplicity and that is its main down fall.

If you break a seal it will go through your whole engine,normaly it will kill just the front or rear depends witch seal goes so say if you crack a apex seal witch is normall 80% of engine failures it will kill housings and the rotor and then the turbo wheels,as it has to exit some were...

now this is the sad part for me anyways,they stoped producing rotor engines yes there is some arfter market people working hard to make housings etc but arfter the last few years engines are becoming hard to find let alone parts for them eg housing,housings will be the hardest part to come accross.

btw i do have some 13bt engines but im saving them for my presto lol

you can of course do every thing in your power to make sure your engine is bullet proofe but it takes only one detonation to kill it.arfter market seals are great like the ones gas power seals or the scr type i use the scr ones good fuel system and good ecu with a competant tuner.one bad batch of fuel and your gone one fuel pump hick up your gone one alternator droping out at high boost your gone,thats the sad thing about rotors i love them but ive come to accept they are dying now the rx8 has a na engine so they hhave seemed to be reliable with not to many blow ups

see a lot of people blow up there 13bt motors because they boost em up but shit fuel in etc as i say one detonation and its gone

my mate over east is sir20b he imports fron cuts etc engines etc its his whole business he was just doing mazda stuff but even now he has run out of 20b 13b and gear boxes they are hard to come by.

most of the ipra race guys have sold up there rotors and brought other cars it actully sadens me as they are my second love to my misses lol

however if you realy are set on a fd fc etc it will be the greatest handling car from stock you could afford try and buy up some engines convert a fd to fc engine and set up etc
they are a well balanced car

#13 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Give me a solid muscle car, big block 8s with a carby on top - can do all the work yourself and they dont break as often as the rotor sounds its gonna.
Next project, either a 408 stroker XD or a 70s F150 with a 460ci - now i got my house, i can get me another project car!

#14 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

ha ha ha jules there is always a rotor vs v8 battle especialy in my family ive always had a penchant for both my oldest bro has harleys i have hitec crap according to them and my other brother has a hq with a 502 crate motor and a lj gtr with a 383 lol so it was always a battle at xmas dinner etc,but to be fair i am the quickest in my family

back i the day we were running tens when most v8 commies etc were running 11s

but i know have a chev powered hilux 2wd thingy lol go figgure i must be geting old

but if i had the coin id get a xd,xe ,xf with a new arrow block some thing always turned me on about bbf engines

#15 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Nice taste there ruffas XE a one of my favourites I'd love an ESP.
But XP coup or wagon is something i REALLY want one day.

#16 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

i agree if i won lotto id get a xp coupe full amercian hot rod style with a blowin engine

#17 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

if i won lotto i'd be in a bugatti veyron wink.gif aha

#18 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

I just sold my first love, my r34 GT-T skyline.

Now I drive a big heavy Dodge Nitro, needed a 4wd to tow a boat. So not too bad a trade off in the end.

#19 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Still got my first car although its in bits and has been for a long time!

1982 VH Commodore is what it started life as, it was my grandfathers car and was given to me after I got my licence. Needed some work so I spent lots of time and money on it as a young fella.

At the moment the old girl is undergoing a bit of a radical change, I'm in the process of building a n/a very high revving stroked 1UZFE lexus v8 and installing a driveline that can handle the punishment. Also heavily modified breaks and suspension and a full bare metal respray. Cant wait till its all finished!

I've also got a kit car which I havnt touched for 3 years but am planning on getting stuck into it once ive finished my shed, its a lotus 7 replica with a SR20 and 5 speed gearbox out of a nissan 200SX, planning on leaving the engine and trans very much standard untill I learn how to drive the thing, then ill probably build up a modified N/A SR20 to give it a bit more insanity... should be a barrel of laughs when its all done too smile.gif

Daily drive is a brand spanky Dual Cab Hilux SR Diesel all expenses paid compliments of work.

If I won lotto i'd get a Koenigsegg Agera R or a Lamborghini Aventador smile.gif

#20 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Dave does your Lotus look something like this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users