Photo

Organic Water Conditioner Information

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mkfchemicals

Mkfchemicals
  • Sponsor

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

A few people have been asking a lot off questions about MKF organic water conditioner so i hope this clarifies few things.

MKF organic water conditioner

Ascorbic acid (non commercial), trade secrets apply. Ascorbic acid is used to neutralise chlorine and chloramines the basic verson off chemistry is this. Ascorbic acid + Chloramine = dehydroascorbic acid + Ammonium Chloride C6H8O6 + NH2Cl = C6H6O6 + NH4Cl so basically turns into fertiliser salt for plants(removed via gravel vac but not required to be removed , chlorine equation C5H5O5CH2OH + HOCL → C5H3O5CH2OH + HCl + H2O (chemical reaction happens almost instant upon contact . Not only does it helps make water safe but also provides better health benefits for aquarium and aquatic life.

zeolite trade secrets apply. sole purpose is to provide a general low ppm trace elements for vitality of aquatic life, this is necessary for all life forms to maintain long life span and growth, also helps with maintaining aquarium long after water changes by absorbing ammonia and nitrates and other heavy metals over longer period of time making water changes further apart (zeolite is NOT fast acting) .

barley straw extract was added to help aid in algae control after water changes breaks down within the water acts like hydrogen peroxide minimising new algae growth.

aloe vera added to minimise stress from water change on all aquatic life.

MKF chemicals designed and developed mkf organic water conditioner as an all in one taking into account right there and then (water change) the longer after care (zeolite) the vitality of aquatic life (vitamin c , aloe vera, ) and consideration off keeping aquarium clean by limiting nuisance algae growth. Last but not least added benefit off using a 100% chemical free water conditioner.

MKF reserves the right of trade secrets, but warning to any one tries using vitamin c from your local chemist will most likely have adverse effect on aquatic life, in this case we recommend using MKF normal water conditioner to counter act these issues.

MKF organic water conditioner took over several years to perfect with ongoing help from various chemist and Murdoch university.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

#2 Ageofaquariums

Ageofaquariums
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:29 AM

Reminds me of using Vit B to fertilize phytoplankton blooms.

Edited by Ageofaquariums, 25 August 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#3 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

I found this quite useful. Tbh, wasn't really sure what organic meant and thus the water conditioner did. So on the customer pov for myself I liked the post.

#4 Mkfchemicals

Mkfchemicals
  • Sponsor

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

Vit C is used on a commercial scale as it reduces water oxygen content less than hypo or the sulphur compounds. You cant promote it as latest and greatest....  and then try warn people if they try to DIY it could be disaster. Its a forum lol, you just handed out a recipe. May as well have been for european shrimp 

I look forward to discussing with you in person about your concerns

#5 humbug

humbug
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Sorry, but I can’t just let this one sit. 

Yes, you have provided part of the story, but perhaps it’s worth elaborating a bit on “ammonium chloride”. I suggest it’s a trifle misleading to dismiss it as a “fertiliser salt for plants”. What are its effects in the aquarium, and specifically on fish and inverts?  Why is it that we use ammonium chloride for fishless cycling of tanks?

When ammonium chloride is dissolved in water (ie our tank), the compound decomposes into its component ions: NH4+ and Cl-

NH4+(aqueous) +H2O(liquid) = NH3(aqueous) + H3O+(aqueous)  . . . . . plus a stack of other reactions

Even without getting too bogged down in the chemistry, NH3 is well known to most aquarists  . . . . . AMMONIA. 

This is the reason that ascorbic acid is generally not recommended for use as a water conditioner for aquariums when there is a possibility that the water source may contain chloramines.  Ascorbic acid does not neutralise the ammonia from this reaction, leaving potentially harmful levels in the aquarium . . . . . .

Typically, “organic” or "all natural" water conditioners include zeolite to “remove” the ammonia from the decomposition of chloramines, but the action of zeolite is too slow to provide real protection for our fish . . . . . .

Please correct me if I'm missing something here. 

Edited by humbug, 30 August 2017 - 10:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users