Kittens??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tha_krust

tha_krust
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

if any one

Edited by tha_krust, 19 April 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#2 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

mate i got my cat from Cat Haven in Shenton Park (lemnos st)

heaps of cats get euthinased every year, so I'm not a fan of pet shops that sell kittens and puppies (my 2 cents)
definately worth a look

Jason

#3 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

Heaps of kittens on gumtree make sure you get it sterilized and vaccinated

#4 tha_krust

tha_krust
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

if i have to pay for one i at least want a scottish fold...but yeah i unforunatly had to use cat haven once, so maybe i should save one to return the favour

#5 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Your saving a cat buy grabbing one out of the quokka/gumtree half of them are free. I know someone that was giving kittens away. If no one took them he would drown them :/

Save the wildlife and get a dog wink.gif

#6 Leaf Fish

Leaf Fish
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hi,
Get one from a vet or a cat shelter, I knew of someone who got a cat from the Quokka that had ringworm, their house was in virtual quarantine for 3 months till they got rid of the ringworm, at least they are checked at the vet and cat shelters.
Also getting them through the Quokka or Gumtree encourages people to have more kittens next year, if they are harder to get rid of then hopefully they will get their cats sterilised.
There will always be a market for pure breeds, buy a moggie instead!

Save the wildlife, get a cat and make a cat run for it, keeps the wildlife safe and keeps your cat safe too.

#7 tha_krust

tha_krust
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Sarahjayne1988 @ Mar 10 2011, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your saving a cat buy grabbing one out of the quokka/gumtree half of them are free. I know someone that was giving kittens away. If no one took them he would drown them :/

Save the wildlife and get a dog wink.gif

will check out gumtree.

cant have a dog, i got a 1 year old and a 3 year old....i dont believe you can ever trust a dog.

(any dog lovers reading this , please dont turn this thread into a bitch fight about dogs vs cats)

#8 Juls

Juls
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

Getting a cat from the cat haven helps fund what they are doing, it's also by far the cheapest place to get a cat that isn't already sterilized as there rates are half what a vet charges if u get your cat from them.

If u get a free unsteralized cat, it will end up costing u double or more than what it would cost to buy one from the cat haven.

If u want a sociable cuddly cat male cats are far better than female cats once sterilized, females are nice too just a pat and cuddle is on their terms not yours!

I love both cats and dogs, but I honestly believe it should be illegal to sell unsteralized cats private or commercial and all breeding must be registered.

Consider getting a 4-5 month old kitten as you can
See more clearly what there personality will be like as adults, kittens can be a bit Russian roulette in that regard, even better consider adopting a adult cat as most of them get put down because no one wants adults everyone wants kittens.

Juls

#9 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

couldn't have put it better myself Juls
i donate to cat haven and RSPCA, as these are both close to me

i think pet shops should not be allowed to sell cats and dogs, and don't start me on people selling kittens in the newspapers/net angry.gif

#10 tha_krust

tha_krust
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

thanks for everyones ideas. im sorted

Edited by tha_krust, 12 March 2011 - 01:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users