Freshwater Stingrays help rays advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan Botha

Jordan Botha
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Hello all!
I am new to this site but not to the hobby.. I just have a few q's :) so ive been looking at freshwater rays, I just wanted to know if they would make good tankmates for cyphotilapia gibberosa, altolamprologus compressiceps, lepidiolamprologus nkambae? Would it be possible to house rays with those fish together without any problems? All opinions and advice of how I should go about this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Jordan.

#2 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Nope, eventually with growth they will start eating the altolamprologus, then if the others are not big enough they will try to eat them.
Stingrays are from South America, stick them with other South American big cichlids

#3 Jordan Botha

Jordan Botha
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

How long will I have if I get them small? Are they slow growers because if they are and I get them as juvies I will just sell them off as they get bigger.

#4 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

Here is a few links regarding Rays. Note that these are mainly for species available in Aus. Species in South Africa may vary:

There is a presentation in the top post with lots of information:

http://www.perthcich...showtopic=52195

Minimum tank size for rays:

http://www.perthcich...showtopic=50857

Look into the different water parameters between rays and African cichlids, you will notice that it vary greatly and that they will not be happy living in these conditions.

Cheers,

Edited by Spiesie, 04 March 2015 - 04:04 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Freshwater Stingrays, help, rays, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users