Additional Tank Mates For 140L Tropical Community

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrea

Andrea
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hi all :)

So yesterday my 60L tank started leaking really badly and I was forced to buy another tank to put my fish in. I ended up getting a 140L tank second hand and am in the process of acclimating my fish into the new tank. Because this tank is so much bigger than the other one I'd like to add a few more fish to it and was hoping for some stocking advice. I currently have a beautiful pair of honey gouramis, 10 cardinal tetras, 6 panda cories and five otocinclus catfish. I have fairly soft water and have been trying to keep the temperature to about 23 degrees, although it often gets a bit warmer during the day :/ My pH is about 7.2. 

I had a good look around some fish shops today for ideas, and my favorite fish (that I thought might actually work in this set up) included a pair of blue rams, a group of dwarf rainbow fish, a group of rummynose tetras, a group of chain loaches, a bristlenose catfish and an upside down catfish. I would absolutely adore some pearl gouramis, a pair of kribensis or a pair of apistogrammas as well but I am reasonably sure that they are too big or too aggressive? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

#2 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

If you got kribs to pair up in that tank, then they would bash the panda corys a fair bit. I think a male Apistogramma as a feature fish for the lower level of the tank would look nice. What about another 10 or more cardinal tetras and another 5 or so panda corys?

#3 Andrea

Andrea
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

Would an apistogramma be instead of rams? I won't do anything to risk the fish that i have at the moment so i'm happy to rule the kribs out :) I'll definitely get some more cories. Would it be possible to put a couple of different species of cory together? I'm not that fond of cardinal tetras actually but they were all I could find at the time that would fit into a 60L. Could I mix them with the rummynose tetras? I do like them better

#4 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:18 AM

Your cardinals and runny nose will do fine together. The corys are quite happy together as well and mixing different colours together looks great, I really like the bronze corys.

I just put a group of 15 harlequin rasbora in my community tank, they are fantastic looking and school together in the top 2/3's of the water column :)

2A7DDC9F-55D2-4DCF-992F-115324EBF381.jpg

Also I really like blue/red Colombian tetras, longfin serpae's, glass blood fin tetras and Congo tetras, all of which I currently have happily living together :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users