Photo

Re-sizing And Uploading Photo's

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sinbad

Sinbad
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

Is there any reason why the uploading of pictures can't be simplified by tweaking the site's software ?
Other forums I belong to have much easier photo uploading than this one, which seems to be a rigmarole, especially if you want to set up an album with numbers of pictures.
Surely it can't be hard for pictures to be automatically re-sized to the maximum allowable, or preferred size, when the upload button is clicked.
Other forums have this feature and it makes things a lot quicker and easier.

#2 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

Any idea what software they're using Sinbad? It's not a native feature for IP.Board AFAIK. But very likely someone has created an installable mod to make it possible. We just need to find it....

Daz

#3 Sinbad

Sinbad
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hi Daz,
Unfortunately I cant answer that question for you. I'm an old fart and very new to computers, I know bugger all about them and am not very good at using them either, hence my love of any software/system which simplifies tasks. Maybe you could find out if you take a look at Auscichlids.com. It's a new forum and has very easy photo uploading.
Kind regards and best wishes for 2010.

#4 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Hey Sarg

They use an extra component called Gallery that may be auto-resizing the photos, I can't confirm that though.

Instead of using the Gallery we chose to stick with the Photo Album section as it keeps all the photos and discussions about the photos in the same place.

Is the main issue the resizing side of things or the ability to upload multiple files at once?

If you're open to it look at creating a Photobucket account. It lets you upload multiple photos at once and resizing them down to your size of choice. There's a guide here - http://tutorials.pho...torial_188.html

In the meantime we'll do some research to find out if attachments here can be auto-resized via a mod / tool.

Daz

#5 Sinbad

Sinbad
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

On ya Dazza, I'll give it a whirl.

#6 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:38 AM

No probs. Feel free to PM if you get stuck, have questions etc.

Creating a Photobucket account and uploading pics is fairly straight forward. It's generating the [IMG] code and copying & pasting into your post that might be a bit unfamiliar to you.

Daz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users