Plecofanatics.com "azza"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 viid

viid
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

G'day all,
Just thought i'd post a clarification about what happened with me and "Azza" on pleco because i've been getting pm's, emails and sms' regarding it lol. I'm pretty sure he never see's the fish that he sells so its a gamble. I managed to come out square because of a second deal we did in compensation which was good for me. But i'd like to say here for Perth buyers that im 99.9% sure it was purely circumstantial that my bad feedback thread was quite prominent and he wanted it gone. I'd never buy from him or anyone who has left him good feedback regularly because theyre often from the same IP address and i doubt he uses a lan cafe that other people buying interstate from him also use haha. Definately scour the feedback forums before buying from anyone because theyre are some goodies on there.

-viid

#2 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

I bought a bunch of fish of AZZA last winter and there were no deformities, the only problem is he shipped them on an afternoon flight so when they arrived it was midnight here, when I was alerted to this I wanted to cancel the order but he had already shipped it, so the fish got stuck at Perth airport until morning when quarantine opened.

It was a freezing cold winters night and when I picked them up in the morning the bags were colder than a can of coke out of the fridge, we lost nearly all the smaller fish within 48hours, this included 4 baby zebra plecos!

The larger fish in the shipment took weeks to come good, luckily all the fish went into the hands of experienced hobbiests and we managed to save all the larger fish which are generally more resilient to these cold stresses.

A $10 heatbag would have prevent the death of these fish, you would expect someone shipping thousands of dollars worth of baby fish in mid winter who knows in advance that they are going to be stuck overnight in an airport would organise a heat bag.

Needless to say with this guys reputation as you can imagine when I told him what happened he blamed me for "killing the fish" and I never heard from him again.

The fact that he did not replace or refund the lossed fish has cost him and the other person involved alot more in the long run and will continue to cost them forever into the future, as they have ruined their reputations with me and my friends, and there are only so many people you can shaft before it catches up with you.

Cheers
Den

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users