Peppermints for Easter

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:22 AM

Hi Thomas,

I did have a bamboo pipe in the peppermint tank for a short time but didn't see any sign of interest so took it out and gave it back to the whips. lol

I was given the bamboo pipes by someone that had used them for bristle noise but don't know that he ever had any spawnings in the pipes. So the pipes were pretty much ready to go when I got them I just needed to weigh them down because they wouldn't sink but once they were water logged they were fine, cant remember exactly how long that took but don't remember it being too long although the bamboo looked well aged so might make a difference. They also start to break down after being in water for several years.

Tammy

#42 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:28 AM

Hi ikan,

If you cant bring your self to cull them, I would put them aside and make sure their not past on or breed from. How many in a batch are showing up like this? I wonder if this is genetics or something else but cant say I've seen this to be a common problem with bristle nose not sure about peppermints, have seen a few deformed pbn but haven't heard it to be a common problem, anyone shed some light on this one?

Tammy

#43 Tammy Brisbane

Tammy Brisbane
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:30 AM

Hi Phil,

Cool congrats!! :good

They are cute aren't they. ;)

Tammy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users