Co2 Line Splitter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Thinking of getting two-way brass splitter to set up a second co2 diffuser (have a second tunze diffuser spare). I assume I'll need a control on each line to fine-tune gas flow but wondered if anyone had done this? What they used, any tips or traps?

#2 BigSkip

BigSkip
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

Are both diffusers for the same tank?

Are both diffusers the same make/model?

The issue you will have is that the flow rates usually used in aquariums most valves have very little effect, I would estimate that at 1 bubble per second you looking at 10ml of gas per minute. If they are a similar size and type then the pressure required to pass through the sintered glass plate may be enough to self regulate to some degree.

Just make sure to stay away from plasic fittings and stick with metal. Any sort of metal will be fine with CO2, But it attacks some plastics.

#3 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

Are both diffusers for the same tank?

Are both diffusers the same make/model?

The issue you will have is that the flow rates usually used in aquariums most valves have very little effect, I would estimate that at 1 bubble per second you looking at 10ml of gas per minute. If they are a similar size and type then the pressure required to pass through the sintered glass plate may be enough to self regulate to some degree.

Just make sure to stay away from plasic fittings and stick with metal. Any sort of metal will be fine with CO2, But it attacks some plastics.

Thanks for the reply. Had a nice thought of separate tanks for a moment but unfortunately for the same tank. Sigh :(

In theory they are both the same diffuser but will sit in different areas of the tank (4ft) and have different line lengths. I'll probably put them on either side of the tank. At the moment the furtherest side away from the diffuser gets no pearling going-on what so ever.

https://www.aquarium...php?prodID=6133

I'll see if I can find one with a good needle valve or something. That's a handy tip. I have no needle valve on the solenoid / regulator so it's already a bit hairy to control gas outflow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users