Photo

Silver Cobbler

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rodders02

Rodders02
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

For those who were interested, caught some nice silver cobbler at lake argyle last week, also got some nasty freshwater longtoms.

Attached Files

#2 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

They are so cool :)

I really need to get back up there, if youre still there go fishing in some of the creeks. So much diversity :)

#3 Rodders02

Rodders02
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Unfortunately I just got back. Did go fishing in the creeks and rivers however and caught a truckload of species including barramundi, archerfish (huge), salmontail catfish, sooty grunter, mouth almighty and tandanus. I was positive I saw a 60cm+ Saratoga swimming along the surface, no photo evidence though haha. One of the other species we caught in lake argyle was the giant glass perch which I'll just find a photo of.
  • ice likes this

#4 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

Awesome mate that's what i was hoping you'd have done & caught :) Its so much fun fishing creeks with light gear! Would love to see all the photos mate!

Plenty of cool smaller aquarium species around like gudgeons & rainbowfish.

Very unlikely to be a saratoga up there mate, more likely to be a big mullet (large scales) or a tarpon/oxeye herring (Magalops cyprinoides). I caught one on fly up there in some very skinny water.

#5 Rodders02

Rodders02
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

Yeah I did here from the locals that Saratoga are very rare but they are there, so I guess I can dream :P (mind you it was at el questro where I thought I saw the it). Yep, saw plenty of little gudgeons and rainbow fish. Also saw a little body of water full of baby tandanus. Did t get any big Barra, just 30cm ish ones, which is expected as it's the dry season. I'll just upload pics off the camera now.
Sorry neo ater not tandanus.

Edited by Rodders02, 17 July 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#6 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Haha you sure it wasn't a little freshwater croc? Never heard of Saratoga in the kimberleys, would be great if they are there!

I caught kimblerley mogurnda at el questro in a saucepan!

#7 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

Those longtoms would make cool fish in a massive tank I reckon. Especially to live feed. A pile of Neos in a stream reminds me of a post I saw on Facebook a while ago, which sounds similar..:
Attached File  IMG_0877.JPG   122.46KB   3 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0876.JPG   146.29KB   3 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0875.JPG   162.32KB   3 downloads

#8 Rodders02

Rodders02
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Haha you sure it wasn't a little freshwater croc? Never heard of Saratoga in the kimberleys, would be great if they are there!

I caught kimblerley mogurnda at el questro in a saucepan!

Haha you know it could have been an Asian aro ;). Aww nice I didn't even think of trying to catch them!

Those longtoms would make cool fish in a massive tank I reckon. Especially to live feed. A pile of Neos in a stream reminds me of a post I saw on Facebook a while ago, which sounds similar..:
attachicon.gifIMG_0877.JPG
attachicon.gifIMG_0876.JPG
attachicon.gifIMG_0875.JPG

They're bloody aggressive, dunno if I'd trust one in my tank! Oh that's awesome, no where near as many as that where I saw them.

#9 Stretch

Stretch
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

I'm very jealous. Sounds like a great trip and nice catches!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users