Posting W/c Or F1 Fish.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hi all

Just quick notice about posting wild caught and / or F1 fish.
In the past questions asking for proof of linage on f1 and w/c fish have caused some arguments and made it difficult to moderate.
The cm has decided that it is only fair if you post up w/c or F1 fish for sale then people should have the right to ask for proof of this. A question asking for proof should be something along the lines of :::: Can you pls tell me when and where you got the w/c from?
This is not an invitation to start arguments and any abusive comments and the like will be deleted.

For those wishing to sell there fish as w/c or F1 then it would be a good idea to post some form of proof of this in the ad ... a simple 1 line comment under the add would be as follows:

Fish were purchased in Aug 2010 in a shipment from xxxxxx.

If you advertise fish as w/c or F1 and the question is asked pls edit the op with your answer. Adding this info as a new post instead of editing your op will be considered a bump and you may find your thread removed under the 4 day bump rule.

Any questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Cheers Brad

#2 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think this is an awsome idea, good on you cm, if you got certs as proof then show them.

#3 gully

gully
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

sorry all for the noob question. But what is a f1 fish?

Edited by gully, 28 March 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#4 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

f1 are the offspring of wild caught or wc

#5 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

good idea. good work cm. can this be pinned?

#6 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Pinned smile.gif

Some help with the abbreviations: click

#7 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

As a point of note -

there SHOULD be no such thing as a F1 or W/c cichlid in Australia if it is a species that is not on the import list of allowable species - such as there is no such thing as a F1 or W/C electric yellow (we are not allowed to import any of this species).... so, to keep within the T&C (not advertising anything that is considered illegal) one cannot advertise fish as somewhat recently imported (smuggled) if it is not been legally importable since 1982.

#8 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

agreed.gif

#9 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

agreed.gif goodjob.gif

#10 bam86wrx02

bam86wrx02
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

I never thought i would see politics step into this area, it is quite a shame. By rights then buying fish from any of our sponsor's that come with a rating of WC\F1's should have a certificate of authenticity with them, without even asking... Are we sure we want to open this bag of worm's.....

As i know maybe not SOME of our sponsor's but mabey a few would mark good looking fish as a F1 to make the sale. An where does the line get drawn???? whos going to check on the info supplied???

I contacted a few great breeders online about tropheus before i got mine, I was refered by a member and a out of state breeder to contact a guy in WA(surely the biggest tropheus keeper i have seen or heard of)... Now i know he wouldn't have a problem supplying me with the info i need to prove of there history as pure F1's and what batch number there WC's were from..

But im sure if this starts happening there will be a lot of insulted breeders from over east an WA that will just say dont worry about my fish!! As we all know they will sell anyway if not to me or you but to someone else, I think ANYONE buying F1's or WC's should be well aware of the stuff some people say or do to make the sale alone never mind uping the price more... Some thing best kept in your mind when buying fish with these titles an kept to the buyers discretion... not moderated but warned about

If people ask why you didnt buy there WC's or F1's and you speak the truth, whats the worst that can happen ?? people getting offended, not talking to you... who cares, A fish someone might not like is something someone will love.

just my 2 cents

Bam brickwall.gif

#11 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

All we are allowing is for people to ask a question on w/c or f1 when they are posted for sale.
As for over east breeders being offended...a. It is compulsory for w/c fish for sale to state who the importer is on tropheus fanatics and .b. who cares if there insulted.... This is a wa forum with wa members... And it's there opinions that the cm find important not the feelings of the east coast

Brad

#12 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Also Tropheus are an allowable import.

If you post that a fish is Wild Caught, why is there an issue with someone asking for proof?

#13 bam86wrx02

bam86wrx02
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Dont get me wrong i see why we are going this way as there are surely a heap of fish sold all over the place thats given these titles when they are far from that or they think they are something there not (aka being told there wc or F1's).. i was just stating a few things i thought, clearly this doesnt apply to me as i own the F1's not WC's so anything i bred would only be a F2(not worth naming imho)..

I know this is a WA forum and all of that and that the CM values our thoughts, but i know there are quite a few fish we dont have here that the east coast has, i know i wont be stepping on toes if i want to get any of these in the future... An any respectable breeder or importer wouldnt have an issue im sure, it was just my ramblings..

as being a member of TF aswell im aware of there reg's

Bam

QUOTE (werdna @ Apr 3 2012, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also Tropheus are an allowable import.

If you post that a fish is Wild Caught, why is there an issue with someone asking for proof?

I wasn't just talking tropheus but every type, like stated if its not allowed it shouldnt be up anyway...

as for the wild caught i would import myself so that wouldnt be a problem i wouldnt pay for a sort of 2nd hand WC but for F1's is a bit passed the point imo

Edited by bam86wrx02, 03 April 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#14 procull

procull
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Wonderful idea !!!!!!!!!

just my 2 cents worth but i think is should be mandatory to show a cert of origin for all WC fish posted .
Over this side of the world there has been heaps of F1 blue dolphins(cytocara moorii) fry and juvies for sale of late BUT no one i know has heard of any WC dolphins coming in !!!

Edited by procull, 03 April 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#15 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Just a point:

The PCS has no control over private dealings between two hobbyists, the mods just have control over what gets put up on the forum. It is up to the buyer to be comfortable or assured in regards to F1, WC or whatever. If certificates are proof enough for you that's fine. If someone just saying F1 is good enough for you, that's fine as well - completely the buyers choice.

What the OP was about is simply stating that if the legitimacy of WC or F1 is questioned on the forum, then it won't be considered as discussion or banter and typically deleted like all the other discussions people start on the classifieds. It is a legitimate question to ask someone and is of interest to other potential buyers.

The post has come about because a couple of people have had issues when others have asked about the WC or F1 on their FS posts. The committee is just spelling it out to everyone, that it is OK to ask such questions on the forum and if you put f1 or wc up, be prepared to answer any queries made on your post in regards to this.

Totally up to individual buyers and sellers how they want to deal with this situation

#16 fishking123

fishking123
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (procull @ Apr 3 2012, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonderful idea !!!!!!!!!

just my 2 cents worth but i think is should be mandatory to show a cert of origin for all WC fish posted .
Over this side of the world there has been heaps of F1 blue dolphins(cytocara moorii) fry and juvies for sale of late BUT no one i know has heard of any WC dolphins coming in !!!

yea over in nsw there are lots of 'wc' fish. there are some people that say they have f1 ey (electric yellows?)??

and this one time i saw an add that said he had f2 bristlenose?? (I may be wrong but i was thinking you can't import them?)

#17 bam86wrx02

bam86wrx02
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Poncho @ Apr 3 2012, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a point:

The PCS has no control over private dealings between two hobbyists, the mods just have control over what gets put up on the forum. It is up to the buyer to be comfortable or assured in regards to F1, WC or whatever. If certificates are proof enough for you that's fine. If someone just saying F1 is good enough for you, that's fine as well - completely the buyers choice.

What the OP was about is simply stating that if the legitimacy of WC or F1 is questioned on the forum, then it won't be considered as discussion or banter and typically deleted like all the other discussions people start on the classifieds. It is a legitimate question to ask someone and is of interest to other potential buyers.

The post has come about because a couple of people have had issues when others have asked about the WC or F1 on their FS posts. The committee is just spelling it out to everyone, that it is OK to ask such questions on the forum and if you put f1 or wc up, be prepared to answer any queries made on your post in regards to this.

Totally up to individual buyers and sellers how they want to deal with this situation

See that explains it in a much better way, would have been a great way to start it.....

i do agree to a point, But is like if the seller seems non truthfull to you then why would you buy them? people most of the time will only be looking after themselves not the person buying.

as i said most is best kept to the buyers choice, its up to you to ask these questions. i would never buy WC's from anyone local why not start from scratch and next order that happends jump on get what you want and be there first owner. The point being is dont just take someones word for it that there F1's or WC's if you really into your fish. As for the people arguing over F1's you can normally tell if they are what they are, if your paying top dollar for a fish and it doesnt look good DONT BUY IT. Like why waste you time....

I would hate to think how many people have been told there F1's when there not an continued to share the rip-off down the line as they sell an change.. sad.gif

on that note

that post would have been much more clear than the first no offence biggrin.gif

(look at what ive started, politics ay)

Bam

ps epic edit P

Edited by bam86wrx02, 03 April 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#18 fishboy

fishboy
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

how do you show proof that fish are F1? I have never seen certs for F1?

#19 bam86wrx02

bam86wrx02
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

That's my main point to get proof your having to ask for the parents import number of the F1's and for all that trouble what's the point, like if you buy them off the breeder and then go to sell them in a year or two and someone is asking for a cert you could pass on the info of who you got them from but REALLY !!! What's the point could be a few years passed who's to say you have the same number that they have now, an if people are asking for a copy of the cert for there F1's what's stopping them from waiting a few years an saying there the WC's ?

I wouldn't put it passed people
I seen first hand some of the stuff people will sell as premium F1's without any sort of info (not that I was asking)..

Just a big can of worms being opened

Bam

#20 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

I guess it comes down to Buying fish from people with a very good reputation and trusting that reputation.
I have 2 very high quality colony's of Tropheus and I didn't ask for any paperwork on the WC parents because of the breeders outstanding reputation. But if your happy with the fish then WC. F1 F2 is meaningless.

But back on topic this thread is basically letting people know they are permited to challenge Fish Origen within the thread.
Happy fish keeping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users