• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

Good evening all,

A few months back, I purchased a Nemo LED light from Vebas Aquariums to give it a try.

I've used a few different types of lights, and since switching almost all my aquarium lighting over to LED, I jumped at the opportunity to buy a new brand to give it a try. I wanted to try this light for a while, then review what I think of it. Now that it's been running for almost 3 months, I thought now would be a good time to review it. 

Well firstly, here is a pic of the light on the tank:

image.jpg1_zpssr6xwwnc.jpg

It's a nice looking light. This model I have is the Aqua Fresh 36W, which is 2 foot long.

Here is a pic of the specs taken from the brochure:

20150903_191924_zpslibpxsf2.jpg

And a couple of pics of the light unit with the light switched off:

image.jpg2_zpsgufqghup.jpg

and

image.jpg3_zpsffyifgud.jpg

The light itself presents well, and comes in a pretty box:

image.jpg4_zps8qsluhxi.jpg

I trialed this light with the inbuilt 24 hour timer that it has, and I was able to decrease the daylight hours and increase the night time hours. On a reef tank, this would look really nice, and it did provide for a nice looking night light, but I think that Blue Light is wasted on a planted tank. Therefore I used a digital wall plug and set the light intensity that I wanted. This light will stay on the light intensity set, and will switch on and off with a plug in timer. I adjusted the blue LED to zero, and cranked up the day light to about 80%. If I run it on full light intensity, I get more algae. This would be because the tank needs injected C02 to keep up with the high light. As you can adjust the intensity of the light, this light is suitable for low or high light planted tanks. 

I have also taken a short video of the light settings. Firstly, you will see the light on, then I hit the thunderstorm setting, then playing with the Blue LED light, as well as turning the Daylight down (to off) then back on to full brightness. 

All in all, I'm happy with this light unit. I will need to get C02 to get the full potential out of this light, so will add C02 once I can afford it. If you're after an LED light for your next aquarium, check out the Nemo LED Light from Vebas Aquariums. 

#2 tropheus

tropheus
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

Nice review, but how much did it set you back? $$$

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users