Live Foods for the Aquarium.
This month's meeting is all about Live Foods in the Aquarium. Come along and hear a great talk from Bostave on 5 different kinds of live foods you can use in your fish tanks and grow at home. Hear all the benefits of using these live foods for your fish and find out how to cheaply keep producing them. Bostave will discuss Daphnia, Artemia, Micro Worms, Chlorella and Infusoria.
We will also have a demo and talk from PCS life member Terry on exactly how to create a Artemia Farm to use at home. Start growing your own with Terry's instructions and know-how. Terry has also donated a great rare book for auction - Encyclopedia of Live Foods. All proceeds will go to Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Dont miss out!
We will also have some free Micro Worm cultures for you to take home and put your new found knowledge into practice. Mike (Mac) has carefully prepared some samples for members to enjoy and give it a try. Grow your own foods and feed them to your fish. They'll love it! ***Limited quantities available on the night***
The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be on Tuesday, April 4th. The meeting will be held at our new venue Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164. We will be opening doors at 7:30pm and starting at 8:00pm. Please park your cars in the car park marked, do not enter the school gates.
- This month will be a short talk from Bostave, PCS Committee member, all about Live Foods in the Aquarium. This will be a brief talk and will commence at 8:00pm. Bostave will discuss 5 different live foods - Artemia, Daphnia, Micro Worms, Chlorella and Infusoria. This talk will be followed with a short Q&A session for anything you are unsure of.
- We will have a live demo on how to create your own Artemia Farm from PCS life member Terry. Follow his instructions and create a cheap great food source for yourself at home.
- We will be handing out free micro worm cultures for people to take home and put their new found knowledge into practice. Use this culture to create cheap food for your fish.
- Terry has also donated a very nice book - Encyclopedia of live Foods. This book will be auctioned off on the night and all proceeds will go towards Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation.
- We will have another Fish of the Month. This month's FoTM is Julidochromis regani, kindly donated by PCS Member - Joel (Extend). We will have a bag of 3 fish to discuss and auction off, with proceeds to Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Learn about the fish and then take some home.
- There will be an auction of a new book and a PCS Calendar for the Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. We have a copy of Anton Lamboj's new book up for grabs - Cichlids of Africa Volume 2 - Haplochromines and the great PCS 2017 Calendar up for grabs. Please bid and support the cichlid preservation fund which is directly affecting our hobby.
- Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. Heaps of aquarium related prizes prizes to win!! Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
- Why not enter our April PCS Showtable competition. Bring a cichlid or catfish down to the meeting and you could win sponsor prizes or vouchers. **Small tanks are available at the venue if you PM organiser Chris 'Sajica' on our forums at least a day before you come down. Feel free to bring you own tank and air, but no other items are permitted in tank for judging.
- The PCS Library will be open where you can borrow books, magazines and DVDs of all kinds of cichlid topics.
- In the PCS Kitchen we will have Hot Roast Beef & Gravy rolls for you to buy. We will also have hot and cold drinks and snacks. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
Please note -
You can pay cash or we can accept MasterCard, VISA Debit, VISA Credit and PayPal.
General public are welcome to attend, so please bring your friends along.
The doors will open just on 7:30pm to start setting up. Talks will start at 8:00pm.
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, April 4th.
Doors open 7:30pm. Meeting starts 8:00pm at Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164.