Photo

Moving From Sydney

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Jackos80

Jackos80
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

I had some orange heads araguaia had three females and one male that was colouring up very nicely. Had to do some research in them and didn't mind this site.

http://eartheaters.q...age=main)Buying

There are a few for sale around the joint but you have to get in quick all the time.

Haven't seen some gyme but am going to keep in touch here as I want to make a display tank with geo's in it and some plecos.

Guess I'll be dropping some money on that setup

#22 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Ah Chuongys site smile.gif

Top bloke! He comes here every now and then.

There aren't too many species here at the moment sad.gif

When it comes to good geos, I can be pretty quick lol

#23 Jackos80

Jackos80
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Well it seems I thought I was out and then they pulled me back in.

I had a massive garage sale and sold only one out of the 6 tanks I had. Sold alot of accessories but no tanks.

Watched a few fish classifieds and came across a bargain, 6x2x2 stand and hood display quality for $200 and a extra 6x20x2 tank on a stand.

Picked them up after my garage sale, took a day or two of cleaning as the back was painted blue and the silicon job wasn't the greatest.

My boys helped with the cleaning of the substrate, there was a really fine sand and some coloured pebbels so I got rid of the pebbels and put in some crushed coral.

I moved my two parrots and three plecos I had left and the 1000 apple snails in the big six foot.

Funny I couldn't control myself I went and bought some more 10 geo Tajapos and 4 geo Argyrostictus. The Tajapos are small 4-5cm but the Argys are 8-10cm so should breed soon. Saw a bargain so couldn't help myself.

I'll post pics up soon. Love to keep these and then get them sent over later on but see how I go with the missus.

Jack

#24 Jackos80

Jackos80
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

Well my addiction isn't slowing down I have nearly stocked my 6 foot

I have been asking around here about posting fish to Perth. I want to find out what you have to do to get fish sent over there. I was thinking of getting some breeding stock and then get it sent over when I am ready. Got a mate who will look after them for me.

Current stock are

Afra Cobwe
Geo Tajapos
Geo Argyrostictus

Jack

#25 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Some preparation tips on shipping fish here - http://www.perthcich...?showtopic=5317

Daz

#26 Jackos80

Jackos80
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Jul 5 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some preparation tips on shipping fish here - http://www.perthcich...?showtopic=5317

Daz

Cheers Daz thats just what I was looking for. I'll be able to get a mate to sort out the fish and he used to work at a store so can bag with the best of them.

I'll be doing this in April so should have made up my mind on what fish I want from there.

Getting some T. Elloti a nice American cichlid very soon to add to the list to send over.

#27 Jackos80

Jackos80
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hey All,

Thought I better say Gday, I am finally moved over here and things are going good. Met my first Forum member and I gotta say fish breeders are a relaxed bunch, picked up a nice starter tank. The War and Finance minister put the pressure on to not go too big to start off with. So I picked up a nice 4x2x2. I have posted up a topic in Classifieds for some nice Electric yellow to cycle my tank and to start breeding. I was having some major withdrawals while away. The final straw was when I popped into Dubai Mall and saw the aquarium inside the shopping centre. It was huge and you could just sit there and check it out without paying to go in. Spent a while just checking it out. Anyway enough dribbling, I'm back on the wagon and ready to feed my addiction of fish.

I popped up to Vebas as its very local for a few accessories and am now on the look out for breeding yellows. Plus my membership card for the society is in the mail.

Jack

#28 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

welcome to the big nothing smile.gif

#29 Jackos80

Jackos80
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

Hey guys Update time.

I have met a few people from the forum and am slowly setting up my tanks.

I will update with some pics soon.

A big thanks to the guys I have bought from, and the info given on the forum as well.

Pics to come this weekend.

Jack

#30 Jackos80

Jackos80
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Latest pics of the setup.

Attached File  full_setup.jpg   112.21KB   19 downloads

My 4x2x2.

Currently have a breeding colony of Yellows and Common bristlenose Trio.

Attached File  4x2x2_part_1.jpg   113.21KB   14 downloads
Attached File  4x2x2_part_2.jpg   134.3KB   16 downloads

Lucky enough to get some L134 so they are growing in there as well.

Two 2 foot tanks with one more to come soon.

Attached File  2_foots.jpg   131.01KB   15 downloads

Have a breeding trio of Royal whips in one 2 foot and the other I have one male and three females.

So far I have had luck with the electric yellows, stripped my first female today. Didn't count how many little ones but close to ten. Also have some fry growing up from when I bought them.

My commons laid a nice mound of eggs in the D cave. Male still in there fanning away.

In plans I want the other 2 foot to move my commons and then find some peppermints for the main tank. Plus get some more L134 to see if I can get them to breed later on.

Like to say a big thanks to Ikan, Terboz123, Bigjohnofish and Vebas.

Also quick mention I remember seeing these on another forum. Found them on ebay and they are legit. Great for egg tumbling trying my new yellow fry in there now.

Spider1397

Attached File  egg_tumbler.jpg   135.14KB   17 downloads

These are the fry I stripped today.

Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users